ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube Interview with IHL Commissioner Jim Borsig

bodiereb2

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2002
Note #1: I am only three minutes into the interview, but I had to stop and post. I am having to replay each answer several times to try to follow exactly what he is saying in the answer. Borsig literally will not say what the specific issues are with Jones. He either hides behind the fact that it was a personnel decision or makes more general references.

He was asked to put the reasons in bullet point form, like you would do with a Power Point presentation. He says "well, it is a couple of things". He first addresses the audit but then goes on to say that it was not the audit and then that the audit was only part of the puzzle. He also says "contract management", without providing one detail and then says it is a variety of other issues. (Worst Power Point bullet points ever?)

He said there were issues over the years that the board expected to be fixed but, when asked what those issues were, would not provide any specifics.

One thing you can say about Borsig - he is not a politician. Politicians are much better at avoiding questions.

Edited to add: Eighteen minutes in. Still no details. These are student interviewers. They ask the right questions sometimes but let Borsig get away without answering. He again fails to provide the details as to why Jones was fired. Refers to vague "ongoing discussions" and "conversations".

About half way through, Borsig seems to be getting a bit aggravated and keeps referring to the written statement which was issued, as if it contained all of the answers.

Stated no problems with Oxford campus.

Edited again to add: Finished the interview. He did not provide one detail as to why Jones was non-renewed. This is a public board. They have an obligation to provide details.

This post was edited on 3/22 8:49 PM by bodiereb2

This post was edited on 3/22 8:54 PM by bodiereb2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK8pwHiC588

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.