ADVERTISEMENT

As an Auburn fan......

Are there SEC fans out there that STILL don't think OM cheated? Surely you are being trolled with that one?
shrug.gif
Well, to be completely fair, if you polled SEC fans out there about Auburn and Cam Newton, your returns would probably look about the same - 13 schools saying yes and 1 school saying no.

Biggest difference in this case is that OM has already admitted to wrongdoing and are just trying to plea bargain at this point.

Damn, if we did, you sure can't tell by the recruits we got and are still getting. My opinion and to be honest-we did. And it kills me.
That may change when the punishments get handed down. I can guarantee you that everyone of them is being assured with 100% certainty that that will be the end of it, that there will be no bowl ban.

Kids don't stop going to a school because they cheat - the kids want theirs too - they stop going to a school when they get hammered for cheating and the well runs dry.

Reactions: billywaynebama
That may change when the punishments get handed down. I can guarantee you that everyone of them is being assured with 100% certainty that that will be the end of it, that there will be no bowl ban.

Kids don't stop going to a school because they cheat - the kids want theirs too - they stop going to a school when they get hammered for cheating and the well runs dry.
Many haven't even started school at Ole Miss. These kids know the chances of OM going down. In my view, they like a wide open offense, are committed, a coaching staff that cares and exploits their potential, and the changes of OM football is so much different than the past. I like what I see.

Many haven't even started school at Ole Miss. These kids know the chances of OM going down. In my view, they like a wide open offense, are committed, a coaching staff that cares and exploits their potential, and the changes of OM football is so much different than the past. I like what I see.
How can the kids know the chances of OM going down when it seems like the majority of the fanbase doesn't even realize it?

Reactions: billywaynebama
How can the kids know the chances of OM going down when it seems like the majority of the fanbase doesn't even realize it?

Actually not even the coaching staff knows what will happen. The entire investigation was handled through Ross Bjork and the Athletic Department. Every athletic department has an Opportunity Fund to help athletes through emergencies. Some schools have used hundreds of thousands of dollars to "help" their athletes. Others have been more frugal with their use. I suspect if every school's Opportunity Fund was audited by the NCAA there would be many abuses uncovered. Plus, I'll add the NCAA has changed their stance on what is acceptable use and what isn't. What is acceptable use is fluid. Things that were acceptable 5 years ago are now unacceptable and things that were unacceptable five years ago are now acceptable. One university gave all their athletes I phones and paid their accounts stating they needed to do that to make sure they could contact their athletes when necessary. Another school has used $450,000 of opportunity fund money for their athletes. One thing I find amusing is the posters here claiming Ole Miss pays players but Tunsil had to ask for $305 to help his mother. Plus he drove a run down car that was in the shop often. If we were paying him he would not have to ask for money or over use a loner car. A couple of years ago I spoke with the dad of a walkon player of another SEC team. He was thinking of transferring to Ole Miss because he thought he had a better chance of securing a scholarship here. The dad asked me about payment to players. I told him there wasn't any but there may be some $100 handshakes in the Grove after a game. He told me EVERY player on his son's team received $1000 from the coaches after a game and if they had an exceptional game they received $2000. Fact is, every team in D1 football has to worry about things that go on in their programs. All it takes is one disgruntled step dad, family member or agent to expose them.

Actually not even the coaching staff knows what will happen. The entire investigation was handled through Ross Bjork and the Athletic Department. Every athletic department has an Opportunity Fund to help athletes through emergencies. Some schools have used hundreds of thousands of dollars to "help" their athletes. Others have been more frugal with their use. I suspect if every school's Opportunity Fund was audited by the NCAA there would be many abuses uncovered. Plus, I'll add the NCAA has changed their stance on what is acceptable use and what isn't. What is acceptable use is fluid. Things that were acceptable 5 years ago are now unacceptable and things that were unacceptable five years ago are now acceptable. One university gave all their athletes I phones and paid their accounts stating they needed to do that to make sure they could contact their athletes when necessary. Another school has used $450,000 of opportunity fund money for their athletes. One thing I find amusing is the posters here claiming Ole Miss pays players but Tunsil had to ask for $305 to help his mother. Plus he drove a run down car that was in the shop often. If we were paying him he would not have to ask for money or over use a loner car. A couple of years ago I spoke with the dad of a walkon player of another SEC team. He was thinking of transferring to Ole Miss because he thought he had a better chance of securing a scholarship here. The dad asked me about payment to players. I told him there wasn't any but there may be some $100 handshakes in the Grove after a game. He told me EVERY player on his son's team received $1000 from the coaches after a game and if they had an exceptional game they received $2000. Fact is, every team in D1 football has to worry about things that go on in their programs. All it takes is one disgruntled step dad, family member or agent to expose them.
Was bama the team giving $1000 handshakes after the game as well as iPhones? Sounds pheasible to me....
shrug.gif

With Tunsil, I thought it was $3000.

Well, to be completely fair, if you polled SEC fans out there about Auburn and Cam Newton, your returns would probably look about the same - 13 schools saying yes and 1 school saying no.
LOL!!!

Haters are gonna hate. Same result would be realized if the same polls for bama and LSU were taken. It's comparable to asking 13 democrats if republicans are better at running the country than they are.
But the fact is AU did NOT cheat for the following reasons:

1. Cam's dad had already screwed up by dealing with Moo St boosters. It was a known fact
to almost all rival coaching staffs. So all the AU coaches had to do was convince Cam and Cecil
that he would be ruled eneligable at the school wherein the corruption took place but NOT at any
other school. Since he was down to AU and Moo St., AU slow played it up until the night before
signing day then convinced Cam that he'd run aground at State but be ruled eligible at AU - and that's
exactly what happened.

2. The NCAA spent more than a year investigating AU after the 2010 season and found no wrong doing
in the recruitment of Cam (or any other player...)

Bottom line, AU played by the rules and produced another perfect season.

hqdefault.jpg

Actually the NCAA stated there was no rule in force against paying parents when the player doesn't know about it. That loophole has been plugged now. Auburn would be in deep doo doo now if the Cam Newton affair happened with today's rule.

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
If you're not cheating then it wouldn't matter.
There's lots of cheating in other programs, too. DON'T tell me there isn't. An Alabama poster said $50,000 was chump change to sign a player at UA. Maybe an exaggeration, but I kinda believe that. Not saying Ole Miss was right, just that some programs know how to get away with it. That coach at UA-Bo Davis?-gave a few thousand dollars to a player and rightly got fired for it. Where was the NCAA on that deal?

There's lots of cheating in other programs, too. DON'T tell me there isn't. An Alabama poster said $50,000 was chump change to sign a player at UA. Maybe an exaggeration, but I kinda believe that. Not saying Ole Miss was right, just that some programs know how to get away with it. That coach at UA-Bo Davis?-gave a few thousand dollars to a player and rightly got fired for it. Where was the NCAA on that deal?
Which Alabama poster said that?

Which Alabama poster said that?

I know Bobbie Massey was offered $160,000 to play at Bama. He would have been red shirted so he came to Ole Miss so he could start his freshman year and leave after 3 years. He had no car while he was here and lived on bread sandwiches when his meal money ran out one summer. Fluker admitted to getting paid. He grew up on the Mississippi coast and his family was moved to Foley by Bama boosters.

I know Bobbie Massey was offered $160,000 to play at Bama. He would have been red shirted so he came to Ole Miss so he could start his freshman year and leave after 3 years. He had no car while he was here and lived on bread sandwiches when his meal money ran out one summer. Fluker admitted to getting paid. He grew up on the Mississippi coast and his family was moved to Foley by Bama boosters.
Umm, how do you "know" anything? And what happened to your claim around $50k? You didn't answer my question: who made that claim?

Umm, how do you "know" anything? And what happened to your claim around $50k? You didn't answer my question: who made that claim?

You're always trying to deflect the truth. When Saban publicly stated Ole Miss cheated to get Massie Nutt called him with Massie in the room and gave Saban the name of the assistant who offered the money. The assistant wasn't fired.

You're always trying to deflect the truth. When Saban publicly stated Ole Miss cheated to get Massie Nutt called him with Massie in the room and gave Saban the name of the assistant who offered the money. The assistant wasn't fired.

You are a pathetic liar. It's sad. I've personally seen you get caught in several lies here in just a few weeks. You don't know anything, if you did you wouldn't be posting it on this $hitty board.

Great question. I'm still waiting on RanchReb to tell me about the 1998 season when State went to Atlanta only because Bammer was on probation.
Lol - it's a conundrum that Ole Miss has never been faced with. I can understand his inability to deal with the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT