ADVERTISEMENT

As someone else alluded to, Lane gave a tell when talking about the 2025 Wake game..

OxonianReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
I won't go into specifics, but let's just say there were moments in 2022 where it was clear Kiffin didn't have his eyes on the long-term vision of Ole Miss Football.

I don't think Kiffin dictates to Chris Low what to write about, but I do think he mentions what to emphasize in his feature that came out right before the season. Mentioning that the plan is for Knox to attend Oxford isn't by coincidence, IMO.

As well, when something bothers Lane, he isn't shy. See Nix to Auburn, Judkins drama, etc. The fact that Wake Forest cancelling for 2025 bothers him so bad to get him to post about it multiple times on X lets you know where his headspace is at. It's a very obvious tell that he's planning to remain here. With a Playoff berth, Ole Miss fans will empty the pockets again on NIL to let him rebuild quickly.

Now, granted, things can change. Coaches move all the time, but it's hard for me to think that he moves his brother (and family) here this summer (for the second time) down the street to just pack up and leave in 5 months.

If Kiffin gets it done, we have no reason to not trust Keith in retaining a coach. We'll put together the assets to keep him happy, as long as he wants to remain here. The Kiffin in 2022 had half a foot out the door at times, if you're willing to be honest with yourself. The Kiffin in 2024 is in a different place. Couple that with Landry still here, and ehh. Seems the only people that are touting this storyline are meatheads that think college football is the same dynamics as ten years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.