ADVERTISEMENT

Disassociated from Ole Miss

The booster in the investigation is not corrupt. You should hope all boosters are that corrupt. He and his wife help poor kids through the fellowship Of Christian Athletes all over Memphis. Most aren't athletes. The problem is the NCAA's definition of "prior relationship. They say he didn't know the kids he brought to Ole Miss before their 9th grade so anything he did for them is illegal. I would not be surprised if he doesn't sue the NCAA over this and the NCAA could end up with a black eye over this.
No, ranchreb, I desire legitimacy, not under the table stuff! Let's do it right!
I am referring to the auto shop, and individuals that Tunsil benefited from with the assumption that the business and individuals are in fact, boosters. They should have known better if so. No, I am aware of the FCA story you are referring to, and that's a great organization. Good point-I hope they do go after the NCAA if falsely accused (slander).

I'm with Ranch on this one. The guy takes kids to multiple other colleges not just Ole Miss. He tries to help underprivileged kids get ahead in life. This is one of the times the NCAA got it completely wrong but they have to try to find some reason for wasting 3 years at ole miss.
Me, too. Now if that's what the NCAA questions, I feel much better.

No they won't be talked out of it. LSU has had players serving probations for rape on their team and they have alot more wanting to play for them than us. I get that you want Ole Miss to be a beacon of light but that isn't the reality we live in. The things that bother you so and are called character issues are very minor things. What we as fans think really doesn't matter though. It's just like gov't and the ones that right the big checks are what matters. You think the felony charges that the bama kids are facing will deter a 5 star running back? hell no. Winning is all that matters to kids these days and winning means they get a bigger look at going to the league. That's what is important to them. 30 years ago your argument would have had some ground to stand on today but now CFB is about getting on the field in a winning program to try to make it to the league. everything else is secondary.
Yeah, knew you would say that. And you're probably right. Doing the right thing is futile. I did my job in expressing my opinion in hopes that maybe the NCAA gets its crap together! Or boosters. But I'm not paying $200 to see rapists run for TDs, or DUI recipients sack QBs. My plans to go to Orlando are in very much doubt.

Yeah, knew you would say that. And you're probably right. Doing the right thing is futile. I did my job in expressing my opinion in hopes that maybe the NCAA gets its crap together! Or boosters. But I'm not paying $200 to see rapists run for TDs, or DUI recipients sack QBs. My plans to go to Orlando are in very much doubt.

That's your choice to make but i can assure you that if you don't buy that ticket someone else will. And by the way, if you have watched any Cincinnati Bengals game in the last couple of years you have indeed paid for it because he is the starting running back for them now. You might hot have directly handed money to them but by giving viewership you are supporting.

No, ranchreb, I desire legitimacy, not under the table stuff! Let's do it right!
I am referring to the auto shop, and individuals that Tunsil benefited from with the assumption that the business and individuals are in fact, boosters. They should have known better if so. No, I am aware of the FCA story you are referring to, and that's a great organization. Good point-I hope they do go after the NCAA if falsely accused (slander).

A very sensible approach, am a bit surprised that so many Ole Miss fans are giving you grief here. Seems they would want an above-the-board program as well, but maybe not.

Reactions: Reblarry
That's your choice to make but i can assure you that if you don't buy that ticket someone else will. And by the way, if you have watched any Cincinnati Bengals game in the last couple of years you have indeed paid for it because he is the starting running back for them now. You might hot have directly handed money to them but by giving viewership you are supporting.
Wait, did I miss something? I've looked at the Bengals' roster and am not sure who you are referring to. On the other side of our conversation, it's safe to assume that most players are not future convicts and are pretty well-intended, go to class, and will become something. When I was at Ole Miss in the late 1980s and early 90s, we didn't have these problems. I personally knew several players then and assume it's not much different with most players. It's the players that blow it that I don't understand, and they tend to be our better players.

A very sensible approach, am a bit surprised that so many Ole Miss fans are giving you grief here. Seems they would want an above-the-board program as well, but maybe not.
I thought so, too. Pratt, though, tells it like it is, and I appreciate that. Gives you something to think about and is well-informed.

Stay at home. Ole Miss doesn't need a "Debbie Downer".

I think most Rebel fans are baffled by the loaner cars. Firstly, I can't believe Cannon Motors would do something so stupid and then open their books up to the NCAA knowing full well what they did was illegal. I have heard about auto dealerships where players of other schools get really good deals. Really, really good deals. So, if anyone thinks it only happens at Ole Miss then I have some ocean front property near Oxford to sell.

Reactions: Reblarry
So, if anyone thinks it only happens at Ole Miss then I have some ocean front property near Oxford to sell.
Until others are caught doing this, how can you make a statement like that?
HotWheelz_2_zpsfe549652.jpg

ca5b591c7723cc9c25d3138b5c182c2f_crop_exact.jpg

CLrVJP8VEAAZG1z.jpg

301iwhv.jpg

Linercash.jpg

Last edited:
Did you see the pics I posted?

You left out Dre Kirkpatrick's mom's car, the crimson Escalade with the "21" embossed on the doors and "Dre's Mom" personal plates. D.J. Fluker comes out and says he was paid to play at Bama and he is within the 7 years statute of limitations. No investigation? It helps to have the President of the NCAA as a good friend and the head of enforcement as a Tide grad. Most Ole Miss fans know this whole NCAA deal was brought on by Nick Saban. If Ole Miss beats Bama again this year the NCAA will move their offices to Oxford.

You left out Dre Kirkpatrick's mom's car, the crimson Escalade with the "21" embossed on the doors and "Dre's Mom" personal plates. D.J. Fluker comes out and says he was paid to play at Bama and he is within the 7 years statute of limitations. No investigation? It helps to have the President of the NCAA as a good friend and the head of enforcement as a Tide grad. Most Ole Miss fans know this whole NCAA deal was brought on by Nick Saban. If Ole Miss beats Bama again this year the NCAA will move their offices to Oxford.

I thought this whole deal was brought on by Ole Miss breaking the rules and getting caught?

Stay at home. Ole Miss doesn't need a "Debbie Downer".
No, fans don't need to support players who get us in trouble. Or friggin' boosters! I say this and I love Ole Miss. This needs to stop-accepting money, players who have no accountability for their actions (DUI is pretty effing serious!), falling through a glass window after hits of marijuana, assault/battery as in the Nkemdiche fight where a kid got his ear blown out and now in litigation. MSU with that Simmons thug. He should be in jail! Since when has beating up women been acceptable? And only a one game suspension? Are you kidding me?!! I was told that my beliefs would have applied some 30-40 years ago. Perhaps we should review those times and resort to measures to prevent these atrocities. A "downer" yes, but it's reality!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT