ADVERTISEMENT

Freeze broke an ethical and moral

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
code. Doesn't mean the program is that too. A Christian knows the rules of being one and we have all broken some. Only one who didn't will be back for us one day. The naysayers, who don't hold to Christianity are the first ones to jump on him. I get it. One day "they'll get it". Revelling in someone's downfall is pretty sick, but I'm not surprised. Battery drainers of the world are everywhere. One day! Have a nice one!

code. Doesn't mean the program is that too. A Christian knows the rules of being one and we have all broken some. Only one who didn't will be back for us one day. The naysayers, who don't hold to Christianity are the first ones to jump on him. I get it. One day "they'll get it". Revelling in someone's downfall is pretty sick, but I'm not surprised. Battery drainers of the world are everywhere. One day! Have a nice one!
The entire OM program is overshadowed with scandal and corruption. Trying to hang it all on Freeze won't work. The ONLY way OM admin saves its ass is by offering Freeze a YUGE severance/non disclosure payment.

I can see Bejerk greeting at Walmart. Vitter sacking groceries.

I think this issue with the phone calls actually supports the lack of institutional control charge.

Any large business, and that is what an SEC athletic department is, routinely performs self audits of their assets. Are phones, computers, cars, expense accounts being properly used?

It seems that the university cell phone freeze used was never audited until the questionable call was raised by Nutts attorney.

At the press conference, Bjork pointed out that they finally pulled the records and, wow, look at this. Had this audit been performed on a routine basis, it could have been addressed much earlier, instead of being exposed by way of a lawsuit.

It seems Houston Nutt is doing a better job of monitoring the ole miss program than Ole miss is.

Now whether this security process, or lack of, is bjorks responsibility, or a general security department within the university is unknown to me.

But it would seem that no one had taken responsibility, and that sounds a lot like lack of institutional control.

Interesting! I can't imagine how many minions it would tKe to follow each and every coach and athletic dept employee then photograph their every move and their families, I mean where does invasion of privacy rear its ugly head? Lots of bs it would seem.

Interesting! I can't imagine how many minions it would tKe to follow each and every coach and athletic dept employee then photograph their every move and their families, I mean where does invasion of privacy rear its ugly head? Lots of bs it would seem.
Reviewing the use of company property is not an invasion of privacy. The company owns the equipment and has a right to review its use.

Actually, not only do they have the right, internal accounting standards should require it.

Checking phone records is not difficult.

Let me clarify a few things for you...

First off, Freeze didn't make a 'mistake'. He has been proven to be a serial liar and a cheater both in his personal and professional life for the past five years that we know about, and only a fool would think that it suddenly started then. That's not a mistake... it is, in the words of the University of Ole Miss, a 'pattern of behavior', so let's not gloss over everything he's done and then lied about as if he slipped on some spiritual banana peel.

Secondly, it has all too often been the case that people who wear their religion on their sleeves, people who tout and strut and display their faith to anyone who will listen, are rarely people of God, but rather people who are using their 'faith' as a means to disguise their own insecurities or character flaws. They use the faith of others as a shield behind which they engage in their elicit behavior... behavior like that hurts all people of faith and further discourages others who might seek it out, portraying it publically as fraud or hypocrisy. People like that don't deserve defense because of loyalty to a sports team, they deserve castigation from those that they've betrayed.

Finally, people aren't reveling in the downfall of Hugh Freeze - Freeze is a radar blip, a flash in the pan of SEC history and will soon be forgotten. What people are for the most part reveling in is the downfall of an Ole Miss fanbase who stood by this hypocrite and fraud to the end - and still do in your case, it seems - an Ole Miss fanbase who consistently ignored both facts and reason for years and instead chose to sneer and scoff at any who dared question their 'savior', be it fans from other schools, the local or national media or even the governing bodies of our institutions. Ole Miss fans - like Freeze - held themselves above it all and treated anyone who pointed out all of the alarming circumstances and damning evidence like fools or, in your own words, 'stupid smack-talking outsiders', when in reality they'd been the fools all along.

Freeze and his so-called faith are a fraud and that's been clear to pretty much everyone outside of Oxford for some time. At this point, Ole Miss fans are reaping what they've so eagerly sown and are taking a much-deserved fall, not for the behavior of their coaches but for the disdain with which they've treated everyone along the way. In my opinion, the fall from grace of a hypocrite who used faith as a means to perpetrate a fraud and of the fanbase that supported him with blind loyalty every step of the way is worthy of a little revelry. I hope with the next coach you aren't quite as blind in your devotion and aren't quite as quick to attack 'stupid outsiders' who might question him... because in the end it got you nothing on the field - its still been more than 60 years since even an SEC title for Ole Miss - and smeared the name of your university for the next decade at least.

One last thought: this isn't all about Freeze. The university reached out to media outlets and colluded with them to hide and spin the truth about what was going on (including to their own fans) and unethically chose to try and make Nutt a scapegoat rather than deal with the very evident problems they were all aware of. This doesn't go away with Freeze and the worst, I assure you, is yet to come.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT