ADVERTISEMENT

FSU - OM Warchant message board conversation

On the bright side fsu vs ole miss will be on Labor Day and every football fan and recruit who can watch it will so let's just hope both teams show up and show out roll tribe

1) If Chad/WR have plus games and our d-line controls los - 30 - 17 OM.

2) If Chad/WR have plus games and FSU o-line controls los - low 20s toss up.

3) If FSU backfield controls and our d-line controls los - low 20s toss up.

4) If FSU backfield controls and their o-line controls los - 30 - 17 FSU.

I think the third scenario is most likely. Chad will have to start the year the way he ended last year. OM young safeties and new d-linemen will have to be as advertised. Francois is the wild card. Hopefully he's not Manziel.

No offense but this won't be a 13 point spread either way. Your pick in the middle is the safe pick.

Last edited:
I think that Chad K will give us Noles a a very tough time. I do think that he will get some pressure from the FSU D line, but he is experienced and won't get flustered. He will get his yards.

The FSU QB is starting his first college game. He is talented but hasn't seen any action. But he does have the tools. Like Kelly, he can extend a drive with his legs.

I don't know what to think about the FSU WR's....they could show up or they might not...they have been that way.

FSU, on the ground, has enough to keep a defense honest...I fully expect Ole Miss to stack the box and put it on the young QB perform in his first start. But if Francois hits some passes, then Cook will have more room to run.

Re FSU linebackers....we'll see...Starter Matthew Thomas hasn't played. Missed the 2014 season season with shoulder injury and surgery...was suspended entire 2015 season. This is his last chance season. He was a 5 star guy and is mobile and moves to the ball carrier with speed.

Reactions: speedfrk
I'm not convinced we can stop Cook. We lost 4 great run stopping defensive linemen to graduation and the draft. I'm not sure how our front 4 will do against the run. BTW, did you know Cook's brother plays basketball for Ole Miss?

Reactions: Bellis30
I was in attendance last night and man..... Hell of a game! FSU played about as sloppy as you could in the first half and we looked unprepared and laxidasical.

FSU came on strong after making a couple simple adjustments on D, and Offense seemed to settle in once they stopped committing so many stupid penalties, and Ole Miss fought back to make it an exciting 2nd half.

A couple quick notes on my impression on OM from someone that was watching without any previous bias;

I was impressed with the Ole Miss WRs and D-Line. WRs played with a confidence that I wish FSU's did. They will be good this year for sure. Chad makes some really really nice throws but also some bone headed decisions at times. Struggles when he has to throw anywhere other than his 1st or 2nd read. I don't remember seeing him going through his progressions to a successful 3rd read once all night. I could be wrong on that and will watch the game once I get home a couple times. He is very talented, has a ways to go in the mental game if he wants to be an NFL player, because he has the physical ability to play at the next level.

That secondary is going to cost you at least one or two more losses this year, and looked to be the weakness of the team. Prepare for some shoot outs this year.

Also I think Hugh is a below average coach from what I watched up close and personal last night (I was 6th row on the 50). He has been successful but that brand of football doesn't win championships.

He doesn't do his defense any favors with that tempo crap he runs that is boom or bust. You are either going to go 3 and out or get a quick TD. As an offense sometimes you just need to get 1-2 first downs, flip field position, and give your defense a rest. With an average defense, you give them no rest or time to make adjustments in the secondary. Going to cost you some games. The defensive line is the strength of the team and they were a non-factor by the 4th quarter because they were completely gassed. You don't have the depth to run that crap and your coach should recognize that. He diminshed his strength (DL) and exposed his weakness (secondary) by doing that. A Head Coach should play better team concept football in my opinion, and dont be so hyper focused on one side of the ball.

I also think completely abandoning the running game in the 2nd half was a huuuuge mistake in his part. When there was zero threat of a running game, we moved our defensive end to DT and he just whipped your slow guard for 4.5 sacks in the 2nd half alone. We couldn't have done that if you're running the ball. Bad coaching decision that really allowed or defense to cause pressure that lead to all those turnovers. Not impressed at all by that coaching staff now that I had a chance to watch them closely. I had a higher opinion of Hugh prior to this game than I do now.

Anyways, had a good time and no negative interactions with Ole Miss fans. Good luck the rest of the year. Kick Bamas ass you you have a good shot at winning the SEC and getting a rematch in the playoff. Doesn't look like anyone else in the SEC west is any good so it's going to come down to that game. I'll be pulling for you guys.

Good times. Go Noles!

Last edited:
@kinsley1m

Interested to hear your post-game thoughts on what you saw out of FSU. Always good to get an outsiders perspective on your own team and/or coaching staff.

The Ole Miss WRs gave our DBs fits even when we didnt blow the coverage and thats not going to happen often. I think weve got as much talent in the secondary as any team has at any position and they still got worked at times.

The catch by Atta Boy Joe! late in the 4th to pick up that 4th shortened my life a little

Reactions: RedWolfe11
Yeah, those WRs are legit. That passing game is going to overwhelm a lot of teams, just need to keep so,e threat of a running game to keep teams honest or Chad is going to get killed back there like he did in the 2nd half.

Our coaching staff showed a ton of respect to the OM wideouts by electing to play almost entirely zone in the first half, they didn't think we could man them up. We had success in 2nd half when we played mostly man, but we still got beat a bunch on man to man coverage, those guys are good, tip of the cap to those guys.

If there was any doubt that this guy is just trolling you all, he exposed himself by injecting political BS somewhere that it doesn't belong. Just ignore him, and let's get a couple solid football posts in before the thread turns into juvenile insults again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT