ADVERTISEMENT

McCready is an idiot!

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Seriously. To say Bianco has to go to Omaha next year is ludicrous. Hopefully Bianco will ban him from the clubhouse. Bianco had a shot at it this year and he got a bad pairing when his team had peaked. He would not have trouble finding another job as an fyi Neil! Trying to put fan pressure on him is sick thus are you. Sorry we weren't better but the ball bounces funny fyi (too).

There is no doubt that someone needs to put pressure on Bianco to make it to the CWS, if the fans want championship results. Bianco has only one trip to the CWS in eighteen seasons and he has had many teams that were capable of being in the CWS. Statistic show that he chokes in playoff games. The only year that Ole Miss made it to the CWS was the year that his contract was not renewed. The powder keg was put under his ass and he knew he needed to perform.

As for the matchup in the Regionals, there was no excuse for Ole Miss to not win their home regional. Ole Miss had the home team advantage, a higher RPI, a higher national ranking, had played higher caliber teams throughout the season, and had won the SEC baseball tournament. All Ole Miss had to do was win one game against TSU, but the Rebels allowed the Golden Eagles to take two games in a row from them. Instead of winning, Ole Miss is embarrassed with a 5-15 loss and then loses 2-3 after TSU exhausted their bullpen and used a right fielder to pitch for them.

TSU had a good baseball team this season and had the top offense in the NCAA, but they are in much lower league, the Ohio Valley conference. Both the Ohio Valley and Southern Conference uses a juiced ball, the Wilson A1001 flat-seamed baseball. Everybody else uses the Rawlings Official NCAA Baseball. Tests have shown the Wilson ball to be considerably livelier than the Rawlings ball. The number of home runs hit and runs scored in those two conferences are way above the NCAA norm. Regardless, TSU wanted the games more than Ole Miss and prevailed to take the series from Ole Miss.

If fans and the administration do not demand championships or positive results, then the coach will go through the motions, collect a pay check, and not be worried about championships. This is a primary reason why Ole Miss produces mediocre results. There is no demand for championships.

I guess I believe in striving for excellence and not demanding. Demanding seems unreasonable and unattainable to me. Bianco sorta brought this year's criticism on by repeatedly saying "we knew we were special this year". That gives delusional fans, which most of us are, the idea that we are better than anyone else. Even the best get beaten i.e. Cassius Clay.

I agree that we need to see good to great teams and efforts but 'stuff happens" and it did for Bianco &Co this year. Nutt and AK were the most recent examples of change needed but the SEC champs not going to Omaha isn't imho. I think if we had gone and not won, Bianco would still be criticized as he is today. Hopefully he's learned to toned down the rah rah and not throw us into an unrealistic mindset.

OP...that regional bed pooping by the Rebs was a huge choke job. Personally, I think Neal & Chase have been kind...Mike and that team absolutely blew it. The window of opportunity is not shut, but it is closing...

Bianco Team Stats:
18 seasons
15 Regionals W-L: (5-10)
.833 to participate
.333 to win if participating​

5 Super Regionals W-L: (1-4)
.278 to participate
.200 to win if participating
1 CWS Appearance
.056 to participate
.000 to win if participating
0 National Titles
.000 chance to win
2 SEC Tournament Champs
.111 chance to win

Using these numbers, there is an 83.3% chance that Ole Miss will participate in a Regional. There is a 66.7% chance that Ole Miss will be eliminated from the Regional.

There is a 27.8% chance that Ole Miss will participate in a Super Regional . There is an 80% chance that Ole Miss will lose the Super Regional.

Last edited:
Can't argue with the numbers however every team that doesn't win it all every year has similar numbers. Bottom line, we coulda done better and we coulda done worse. I'm just not up for Neil's "warning" to Bianco. State went to Omaha and is getting a new coach so maybe Bianco is afraid to win;<)

Can't argue with the numbers however every team that doesn't win it all every year has similar numbers. Bottom line, we coulda done better and we coulda done worse. I'm just not up for Neil's "warning" to Bianco. State went to Omaha and is getting a new coach so maybe Bianco is afraid to win;<)
Or maybe he is afraid to coach at $tate. I thought it strange they didn't take the interim tag off the guy, but they apparently thought they could do better. Can we do better?

They do strange things but they came together at the right time to get to Omaha. I DK if we can do better but I'm pretty confident we can do worse. I know that if we don't make a regional that we have no shot to Omaha;<)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT