ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Monday Lane Kiffin quick hits

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Excited to play at home again. Got back to work with players and went through the tape and moved on. MTSU came back and had a heck of a win the other night. Had Mizzou down to the wire last year. Very well coached with an SEC head coach and NFL coordinator. We have to prepare well and play well at home. I’m looking forward to challenge. Hope our fans show up. Student section was good on Saturday. I hope whole stadium looks like that.

We’ll have to discuss injures in a few weeks, but we’re not there yet. I hope he plays this weekend.

Juice will probably have the stitches in longer. I think he’s just walking.

Dart was just a half of football. It’s a different team every week and keep building. Last year he had a big game in the opener and then didn’t play well against Tulane. You have to do it every week, and it’s not a guarantee to carry over. Have to do it each time and be consistent..

Familiar with Mason and he’s very sound with his teaching. He’s pretty hands off and lets coordinators work.

I hope Key Lawrence plays. About all I got.

iPads are extremely valuable but you have to be aware of how much you’re using it, like screen time with kids. It’s very unique and a ton of inifo. But you have to make sure you’re not looking so much you miss what’s on the field. I was missing some stuff on defense.

Jamarious Brown was explosive. We haven’t looked like that in the second team and we do now. They asked if we wanted a running clock n the second half, but no I want to see those guys play. We needed the reps. Fans wanted to see them play.

Our transfers were all over the place on Saturday and made a ton of plays. We need to get some snaps up this week. Make sure they’re in shape. A lot more football to be played.

A lot of guys doing good things on OL. They played really physical regardless of the score.. Challenge to not let the score dictate how you play. We did that well on both sides of the ball. That was a really good first game.

Missed a few things with protections. Communication was an issue in the back. Had some overage issues.. Can’t do that down the road and give up sacks and big plays.

I always respected playing against Chris Paul. He’s trimmed down, and that’s awesome to see. Some people just play better than in practice, and he’s an example of that.

Dottery, Paul, Coleman and Banks did well when they were out there. I like some of those combinations out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.