ADVERTISEMENT

Our own Landshark to roam "stands" in Stadium, Arena, Swayze??

OMREBEL78

Second Team QB
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
I want your opinions/input. I had a LandShark costume designed by a Canadian firm, it will cost about $6000.00 to make. (If you would like to see the drawing just post your email or message me and I will send). I had an idea to select a student(s) each year who would attend games (home or away depending on $) to wear the costume (like we did many years ago with another mascot), buy a ticket and let him/her roam the stands etc. I and a few others are willing to advance $ to pay for the costume. I envisioned setting up a website to take donations until we reached enough to pay for and support the LandShark (not locked in to this).

I did not want to create a storm or controversy so I sent this idea to the University and asked if there was an objection to such. The response was basically we do not intend to have another mascot at this time and have plans to capture the LandShark passion but it does not include an "on the field" presence.

They did not say they objected to a Landshark roaming the stands, arena, etc. I would like your opinions whether to just let it drop or is something fans would like. I am NOT trying to create a controversy with the Black Bear, I actually think he/she is doing a good job at entertaining but I think a Landshark would add to the fan excitement. What do you think, do it or not?

This post was edited on 4/4 9:37 AM by OMREBEL78

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.