ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Rebels fans?

Well, UF hasn't played a Non-Conference game outside the state of Florida since 1991. I do have to say I think it is impressive that Ole Miss scheduled this kind of game to open the season in addition to playing in the toughest Division in College Football for sure. Also, your #7 recruiting class was impressive too. Be interesting to see how many True Freshmen get signifiant playing time in the game for both teams.

We have scheduled Baylor for 2020 too. That game will be played in Houston. Hope we're up to the task of playing you this coming year. It'll be a tough test. We can score but can we stop you from scoring more. That will be the question. Ole Miss fans travel well. I would guess around 10,000 rebel fans will be there.

Well, UF hasn't played a Non-Conference game outside the state of Florida since 1991. I do have to say I think it is impressive that Ole Miss scheduled this kind of game to open the season in addition to playing in the toughest Division in College Football for sure. Also, your #7 recruiting class was impressive too. Be interesting to see how many True Freshmen get signifiant playing time in the game for both teams.
UF is difficult to figure out. Their QB made all the difference until getting in trouble. There's more to a team than a QB, and Florida is loaded. Yet, they sputtered throughout the season. You're right about true freshmen getting playing time. FSU had an impressive recruiting class, too. Can't wait for Sept. Meanwhile, we got to get over all those NCAA allegations. I'm bummed out about that.

Well, Dalvin Cook is a different type of running back than Henry and Fournette. Those guys are what I call bruisers. Dalvin Cook is more of a home run guy. So how is that different. Well, Dalvin is more likely to get 2 yards, 3 yards, 2 yards, then pop a big one. The reason is when the OLine gets him into the second level of the defense at all he is faster, has more wiggle than Henry or Fournette. He is very difficult to get on the ground when he is able to get out into space. Florida held Dalvin to 30 yards in the first 3 quarters and he had 150 yards in the 4th quarter. The key against Dalvin is to never let him break the initial run fit by the Defensive Linemen. That is hard to do for the entire game because all it takes is one bad run fit and he can take it to the house.

Where Henry in Fournette are better than Dalvin is they are bigger and more powerful and are more capable of making a 3 yard gain into a 5 or 6 yard gain by moving the pile. They are more physical and that wears on the defense. But they are not as likely as Dalvin to take it to the house when they break into the secondary. They can but they don't have the wiggle that Dalvin has. They rely on pure speed whereas Dalvin has pure speed and wiggle.

I'm sure Ole Miss's run defense is outstanding. Just making the point that Cook is a different type of running back than Henry or Fournette. Not better or worse, just different.
I agree. Cook played hurt last year with a ham string and still was unstoppable. He's truly a fabulous player

I'm not butt hurt. It's just that you are basically reminding me of South Carolina fans when they had a nice three year run from 2011-2013. They haven't won anything of consequence so they'd ride the coattails of the SEC as if simply being in the SEC made them a superior program to FSU. There was a good article in my local paper about this. Basically it said of the 8 National Championships the SEC has won since 2006, 6 of them were won by Nick Saban and Urban Meyer. Basically the entire SEC has riden on the coattails of those two coaches.

I didn't expect you to praise FSU and say how great they are. But belittling our accomplishments because of the conference we are in is out of line. FSU has the highest winning percentage of any college football team in the last 30 years. That record is worthy of at least some respect.

So you are essentially saying playing FSU is no different than playing Arkansas, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Auburn, ect.? Real world beaters those teams are. I'm not even going to mention the entire SEC East. The NFL Draft the past three years indicates you are wrong.

I'll say it. FSU is an elite program and will have a great team next year. They exhibit solid coaching and recruit at a top level. As far as the SEC, look, any top school at any major conference is equal to the top SEC schools. It matters little which conference an elite team represents. Elite teams are elite teams, period. Right now Alabama is on a roll and the question is there anyone out there able to derail them this year? As far as the SEC teams, it's obviously a strong conference and it's the middle to good teams in the SEC that appear to be better than the middle to good teams in other conferences. Look for a good game and hold on to your butt. Ole Miss has an explosive offense and a strong defense and we expect to beat you.

I'll say it. FSU is an elite program and will have a great team next year. They exhibit solid coaching and recruit at a top level. As far as the SEC, look, any top school at any major conference is equal to the top SEC schools. It matters little which conference an elite team represents. Elite teams are elite teams, period. Right now Alabama is on a roll and the question is there anyone out there able to derail them this year? As far as the SEC teams, it's obviously a strong conference and it's the middle to good teams in the SEC that appear to be better than the middle to good teams in other conferences. Look for a good game and hold on to your butt. Ole Miss has an explosive offense and a strong defense and we expect to beat you.
It should be a great game. To be honest I think Ole Miss reminds me a lot of Clemson and I mean that as a compliment. Ole Miss and Clemson both run the same style of offense, both have really good Dual Threat Spread System QBs. Both teams' recruiting have been similar in terms of recruiting rankings. Spread offenses have traditionally given us trouble. No doubt Ole Miss will be a big challenge. I do think the game being in Orlando will give us an edge in fan support. It is located in Central Florida which means Nole fans from everywhere in Florida can get to Orlando within a few hours drive. But I have no doubt Ole Miss will be well represented as well. It's just a little more than 6 months away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT