ADVERTISEMENT

Quote:

What does 38 to 17 mean to you? Fire the coach, until the governor gets involved and says no?

Chris Low on Finebaum: "I believe that Ole Miss is on the threshold of a post-season ban...based on everything I've heard."

I found another writer who probably has an agenda against ole miss. @chattreb

Reactions: billywaynebama
I was alive then we're you?
I'm honestly not sure what you being closer to death than me has to do with anything, but no, I wasn't.

Dwell on that a moment... I wasn't alive the last time Ole Miss won even an conference championship in football.

Neither was any Ole Miss student.

Not even the PARENTS of Ole Miss students were alive the last time the Rebels won a conference title.

Soon people will have been born, have lived their whole lives and then died without ever seeing Ole Miss win anything of significance...

Wow. Really makes you think.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure what you being closer to death than me has to do with anything, but no, I wasn't.

Dwell on that a moment... I wasn't alive the last time Ole Miss won even an conference championship in football. Neither was any Ole Miss student. Not even the PARENTS of Ole Miss students were alive the last time the Rebels won a conference title. Soon people will have been born, have lived their whole lives and then died without seeing Ole Miss win anything of significance...

Wow. Really makes you think.

Hahahaha

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking on your part come drinker? Regardless of the rebel penalties your team remains in significant.
Lol, your funny. Did you go to school at ole miss? I gonna guess yes. Just because everywhere else the word insignificant is one is just one word, and I am thinking that your spelling of the word come, wasn't spelled correctly for the context you meant it...just sayin, but carry on Einstein.

LSUwiggz. "Closer to death". Wow I hope you never have a car wreck. You know you appear to be a typical millennial who has no interest in facts or what is important in life. You say live in the moment and you want to talk about 1963. Well I was at VH last October during that 38 to 17 beat down standing on the sidelines. Were you?

So if you can ever stay away from obsessing over OM Bernie Saunders and sleeping with your cell phone, I hope you can get a job one day and learn some basic principles of life.

LSUwiggz. "Closer to death". Wow I hope you never have a car wreck. You know you appear to be a typical millennial who has no interest in facts or what is important in life. You say live in the moment and you want to talk about 1963. Well I was at VH last October during that 38 to 17 beat down standing on the sidelines. Were you?

So if you can ever stay away from obsessing over OM Bernie Saunders and sleeping with your cell phone, I hope you can get a job one day and learn some basic principles of life.
You spend an awful lot of time focusing on individual games. I guess that's what happens when you don't have any banners to hang...

No, to answer your question I wasn't there last year, didn't make it that time. I was there just a few years ago, though, when LSU was kneeling the ball with 10 minutes left to go in the game I felt pretty bad for Ole Miss fans then, and I have a feeling those days are about to return. At least you'll have the memories though... you can gather the grandkids around and tell them the story of how you were there when Ole Miss finished third in the SEC. Should make for quite a tale.

LSUwiggz Well you seem to appreciate that the moderators are tolerant, yet you want to try to pick fights when you should act like a guest.

Now as far as what to tell my grand kids since you brought them up, I have a lot tell them, and I do have four and another on the way. I hope they all go to OM, but if they don't then that is ok too.

What I may tell them is the 38-17 drubbing that almost got Les Miles fired if it were not for 30 a barrel crude oil.

I may tell them about the Les Miles time manegement game I witnessed

I will never forget Nathan Ritters last second field goal.

Seeing Katie Perry at the best College Game Day ever, and the victory over Bama with the crowd rushing the field was great.

The many memories of Oxford Mississippi (the best college town that I have ever been in) will be a good subject.

The 2003 game against LSU which broke my heart has to be best game that I have ever seen.

The main thing that I will tell them is to enjoy the many blessing that you have, and to always be humble.

Reactions: MadisonReb1985
The main thing that I will tell them is to enjoy the many blessing that you have, and to always be humble.
Yes, humility is the true mark of character...

...at the exspense of sounding like a jerk, you need to know a few things. First of all I can assure you that I know more about this situation than you do. Most likely I have more education money age and experience than you, so go make your juvenile condescending remarks to someone else who gives a rats butt about your corndog opinion.

Last edited:
Wow...you want to come on this board with the sole intention of making people mad, and now try to be the victom? I am sure will be crushed when Bernie Saunders does not win.

Wow...you want to come on this board with the sole intention of making people mad, and now try to be the victom? I am sure will be crushed when Bernie Saunders does not win.
There is apparently a great deal of this conversation that's taking place only in your head. I didn't come on this board with any intentions whatsoever, but your tantrums since I arrived have definitely made me less sympathetic... and no one has made themselves out to be a victim, except of course your rants about how Ole Miss is being unfairly targeted and judged. No, what I did above was simply illustrate yet another example of your ongoing hypocrisy, and did it using nothing more than your own words to boot... color me unsurprised that you didn't get it.

For the record, I'm a card-carrying Libertarian who would oppose Sanders to his final breath, but the fact that you presume a person's political views for them and then try to use it as some sort of feeble insult, well, it really shows that you've long since lost the argument and have decided to pursue the liberal tactic of attacking the messenger rather than the message. Well done.

You not only appear to have a massive self-awareness issue, but avery selective memory.

1. You started this post, and have tried to create arguments on other threads .
2. You claim that we are looking at USC penalties when you clearly have not read the report nor know what you are talking about.
3. My so called tantrums started after you said to "put this kid on suicide watch," when I was not even responding to you.
4. When you first get frustrated with conversation that you can not win, you make the comments "1963".

I really do not have the time nor the inclination to argue with someone that enjoys an argument for the joy of annoying people.

You not only appear to have a massive self-awareness issue, but avery selective memory.

1. You started this post, and have tried to create arguments on other threads .
2. You claim that we are looking at USC penalties when you clearly have not read the report nor know what you are talking about.
3. My so called tantrums started after you said to "put this kid on suicide watch," when I was not even responding to you.
4. When you first get frustrated with conversation that you can not win, you make the comments "1963".

I really do not have the time nor the inclination to argue with someone that enjoys an argument for the joy of annoying people.

It's curious that you find that if someone tells you the truth about this case that they are trying to annoy you and start an argument with you. We are just repeating to you what knowledgeable people are saying about this case. I understand that as a homer Ole Miss fan you want to believe that Ole Miss and Freeze did nothing wrong and this is all BS, but that's not reality. We are talking reality, not unicorns farting rainbows.

And yes, you are looking at USC penalties. If you deny this then you clearly have not read the report nor have you listened to anyone that understands this case. Your school has already self-imposed 11 scholarships. That does NOT include the Tunsil draft-night shenanigans that included text messages where Tunsil discussed with current OM officials getting paid and which Ole Miss has since confirmed are real. So a second NOA is coming just for those charges. Which means Ole Miss will tack on a few more scholarships.

So at the end of the day you are looking at Ole Miss self-imposing a minimum of 15 scholarships over 4-5 years. You're halfway to the USC penalties before the NCAA ever says a word. You might want to face reality here: It's going to be bad for Ole Miss.

Blindside......so you are the person "who tells the truth." Well I am glad to meet you. You are saying that you are repeating what "knowlegeable people are saying about the case." Well who is that? MSU spokesman Rosebowl? Coach 34 (btw you need to read his defense of Jeffery Simmons if you want to read knowledgable).

I can quote you other people who say the same thing that I am saying. If you look hard enough to find what you want to hear it is not hard. Rosebowl and Coach 34 will take care of that 24/7 for you.

Have you read the report? Have you studied past precedent? I doubt it.

As for LT on draft night, I agree that is yet to be determined. Two things that you may want to consider, is first LT does not have to nor will he talk. Second, Jeremy Miller has already spilled his guts to the NCAA and then some. The point being, this is going to be difficult to come to gripes with.

Blindside......so you are the person "who tells the truth." Well I am glad to meet you. You are saying that you are repeating what "knowlegeable people are saying about the case." Well who is that? MSU spokesman Rosebowl? Coach 34 (btw you need to read his defense of Jeffery Simmons if you want to read knowledgable).

I can quote you other people who say the same thing that I am saying. If you look hard enough to find what you want to hear it is not hard. Rosebowl and Coach 34 will take care of that 24/7 for you.

Have you read the report? Have you studied past precedent? I doubt it.

As for LT on draft night, I agree that is yet to be determined. Two things that you may want to consider, is first LT does not have to nor will he talk. Second, Jeremy Miller has already spilled his guts to the NCAA and then some. The point being, this is going to be difficult to come to gripes with.

Since you've studied past precedent, what did you find happened in cases where the NCAA discovered that a coach had lied to them, as Chris Vaughn did?

The time to spin that this is no big deal ended when Ole Miss self-imposed 11 scholarships. That's reality. The NCAA found 16 Level 1 (the most serious) violations in Ole Miss' athletic department, and 4 of those were committed by Freeze's staff and that's NOT including the coming NOA for the Tunsil draft night shenanigans.

You don't get a wrist-slap for that. Again, that's reality, ask USC.

The time to spin that this is no big deal ended when Ole Miss self-imposed 11 scholarships. That's reality.
This. I'm still not sure chattreb realizes (or has accepted) that Ole miss knows that they were in such hot water that they volunteered to lose 11 scholarships in the hopes that it won't be worse... and they know its going to be worse. They've admitted to the wrongdoing, they've tried to punish themselves just to get ahead of the curve... its time to stop believing the PR crap they put out months ago that's already been proven a lie and start paying attention to the outside sources who don't have anything to gain from spin.

Blindside. Again if I cared what Rosebowl thought I would subscribe to him. It speaks volumes that someone like him is who the supporters of a fine university listen to. As far as Chris Vaughn, first of all we fired him. He did this at ULL and did they get USC sanctions? He has been fighting the NCAA for years and I have no idea any more than you do as to what he did. What I have been told is that he has no more money to fight them. Now I am not saying that what he did at OM is not serious, but we have taken it serious. This much different than Buce Pearl lying to the NCAA.

Now do I think the NCAA will add some more to our self imposed? I do for several reasons. Now if it your hope that it will be USC sanctions, I seriously doubt it.

Now here is the bottom line for your Rosebowl world whether you want to admit it or not. Coming off two of the best years that you have ever had, OM still waxed your butt. I do not predict games, but I bet a Vegas line today would be ugly. Your fan base can see where this is going, and that OM is getting a level that MSU can only dream of. You have no money nor national exposure, and your only hope is to dream something like the NCAA will bring us down to your level. If I were you I would spend more time worrying about yourselves than praying about something completely out of your control happens to OM.

Blindside. Again if I cared what Rosebowl thought I would subscribe to him. It speaks volumes that someone like him is who the supporters of a fine university listen to. As far as Chris Vaughn, first of all we fired him. He did this at ULL and did they get USC sanctions? He has been fighting the NCAA for years and I have no idea any more than you do as to what he did. What I have been told is that he has no more money to fight them. Now I am not saying that what he did at OM is not serious, but we have taken it serious. This much different than Buce Pearl lying to the NCAA.

Now do I think the NCAA will add some more to our self imposed? I do for several reasons. Now if it your hope that it will be USC sanctions, I seriously doubt it.

Now here is the bottom line for your Rosebowl world whether you want to admit it or not. Coming off two of the best years that you have ever had, OM still waxed your butt. I do not predict games, but I bet a Vegas line today would be ugly. Your fan base can see where this is going, and that OM is getting a level that MSU can only dream of. You have no money nor national exposure, and your only hope is to dream something like the NCAA will bring us down to your level. If I were you I would spend more time worrying about yourselves than praying about something completely out of your control happens to OM.

I have no idea who/what/where a 'Rosebowl' is other than the one in California. If OM was taking the investigation seriously then they wouldn't have lied to investigators and they wouldn't have tried to cover up what happen. And they clearly did try to cover up to the NCAA, otherwise the NCAA would have already known about the arranged payments to Tunsil prior to NFL draft night. But they didn't, because OM tried to cover it up.

Your school's coaches lied to the NCAA, and tried to cover up paying players. That's why OM is going to get hammered. Not too hard to understand.

You have the goods on OM lying to the NCAA? Well that is news so I suggest that you turn them in and maybe you can become the hero of the MSU faithful just like Rosebowl (who you claim to not know even though you quote that idiot verbatim) .

Reactions: MadisonReb1985
You have the goods on OM lying to the NCAA? Well that is news so I suggest that you turn them in and maybe you can become the hero of the MSU faithful just like Rosebowl (who you claim to not know even though you quote that idiot verbatim) .

We know that OM lied to the NCAA, otherwise they would have already known about the texts from Tunsil to the OM staff about payments and there would be no new investigation about this because it would be old news to the NCAA.

You do understand that, right? So either OM knew about the texts and hid it from the NCAA, or they didn't know that people were in the athletic department paying players. That's a slam dunk for LOIC, which opens the door for the Death Penalty.

You can choose Door 1 or Door 2, but neither ends well for Ole Miss.

You are one self absorbed idiot. Now this something I do know something about and putting it out there on a message board with a MSU troller is not going to happen.

I will say this. Jeremy Miller spilled his guts to the NCAA about a year ago. He has an ax to grind and is looking for a pay off. Now why did that not come up then?

You are one self absorbed idiot. Now this something I do know something about and putting it out there on a message board with a MSU troller is not going to happen.

I will say this. Jeremy Miller spilled his guts to the NCAA about a year ago. He has an ax to grind and is looking for a pay off. Now why did that not come up then?
Do you always stick your head in the sand when it's bad news for Ole Miss, or is this just a one time thing?

I'm not an MSU fan so all these terms and people you are using are all foreign to me. This is the problem with Ole Miss fans right now: You aren't listening to what people are saying, you are just trying to find out if they are Ole Miss fans or not. If they are, you blindly believe them, if they aren't, you completely ignore whatever they say.

That hasn't worked very well for you so far. Remember this time last year when you said this was all an MSU pipe dream and nothing would happen? Bet you feel silly now...

Hey Lsu weez Ole Miss34 Lsu 17 in your beloved tiger den Ha! Ha! Ha!

Hey blindsider are you a moou or bammer fan Ole Miss 31 to 17 if you are a bammer Ole miss 41 moou 10 if your are a moou fan ha! Ha! Ha!

Your fan base can see where this is going, and that OM is getting a level that MSU can only dream of.
Ummm... what level is that, exactly? 3rd in the SEC West? While I admit that is indeed a lofty finish for Ole Miss I think that Mississippi State has been there before. In fact, isn't Ole Miss the only school from the West (not counting A&M) who has never played in the SECCG?

Look, I get that they are your instate rivals and you have to put on a good show, but let's at least win something of actual significance before you start puffing out your chest and going on about reaching 'heights that others have only dreamed of'... at best its like a seven year old bragging to another seven year old that he's really seven and a half...

No, more likely this is that once a decade run the Rebels go on where they get to play the spoiler for a few programs who actually are in contention to win something that matters... its usually a couple of glorious years of chest-thumping over being relevant, and then it all comes tumbling down again... kind of like back in '03 and what happened afterwards.

You're right about one thing though - their fanbase can indeed see where this is going... so can every other fanbase in the country, except for Ole Miss' apparently.

Hey blindsider are you a moou or bammer fan Ole Miss 31 to 17 if you are a bammer Ole miss 41 moou 10 if your are a moou fan ha! Ha! Ha!

It really doesn't matter since Ole Miss is going to end up having to vacate every win since at least the 2013 season. So every team they played will have bragging rights over them.

We know that OM lied to the NCAA, otherwise they would have already known about the texts from Tunsil to the OM staff about payments and there would be no new investigation about this because it would be old news to the NCAA.

You do understand that, right? So either OM knew about the texts and hid it from the NCAA, or they didn't know that people were in the athletic department paying players. That's a slam dunk for LOIC, which opens the door for the Death Penalty.

You can choose Door 1 or Door 2, but neither ends well for Ole Miss.
Nor will it end well for State, I hope Coach freeze takes the gloves off and beats the holy hell out of your garbage you call a football team. See you in November dip shit.

Nor will it end well for State, I hope Coach freeze takes the gloves off and beats the holy hell out of your garbage you call a football team. See you in November dip shit.

The only thing Freeze will likely be beating in November is a path out of Oxford before the PLOI arrives.

ADVERTISEMENT