ADVERTISEMENT

Quote:

Ah, the mountain top of ole miss football. Seems like just yesterday. Oh glory days.

I was a freshman in 1963. Who would have thought I'd be drawing Social Security before we won another SECC. Had not Arkansas made a play that could not be repeated in another 100 tries we would have won it last year. But, alas, that's the yoke Rebels fans must bear. But, we are respectable now and are a difficult W for any team. Beats the hell out of the past 50 years. Oh, BTW Tide Broker. I lived in Tuscaloosa in 1958. That wasn't so hot either..

Had not Arkansas made a play that could not be repeated in another 100 tries we would have won it last year.

Or if you hadn't gotten drummed by 4 TDs to UF you would have gotten to ATL. Of course we could play the 'what if' game all day. OM was on the good end of luck in a couple of other games that they could have lost.

are a difficult W for any team.

TCU, Memphis, and Florida respectfully disagree.

Just like the luck of the no face mask call the year before. Bama has had their share of luck. Should be a heck of a game this year.

Or if you hadn't gotten drummed by 4 TDs to UF you would have gotten to ATL. Of course we could play the 'what if' game all day. OM was on the good end of luck in a couple of other games that they could have lost.

What most opposing fans didn't know is that Dan Werner took over the play calling after Memphis and our offense took off. It'll be interesting to see who calls plays this year. The same year TCU beat Ole Miss Ohio State beat Bama in a bowl also. And Bo Wallace played on one leg in that game.

What most opposing fans didn't know is that Dan Werner took over the play calling after Memphis and our offense took off. It'll be interesting to see who calls plays this year. The same year TCU beat Ole Miss Ohio State beat Bama in a bowl also. And Bo Wallace played on one leg in that game.

You said that OM was a "tough W for everyone". TCU obliterated OM to the tune of 42-6 or something. UF did the same. Both barely broke a sweat. Bama has not been blown out by anyone in well over a decade, so comparing that TCU beatdown to the Ohio State-Bama is comical.

You said that OM was a "tough W for everyone". TCU obliterated OM to the tune of 42-6 or something. UF did the same. Both barely broke a sweat. Bama has not been blown out by anyone in well over a decade, so comparing that TCU beatdown to the Ohio State-Bama is comical.

We had some key players hurt for that game including our starting QB. When you have no offense the opposing team has the ball a lot. That was 2 years ago. Yes, Ole Miss loses games it shouldn't. We don't need opposing fans to tell us that. We already know. It is something our staff has to work on.

Is for tide

Yes, Ole Miss loses games it shouldn't. We don't need opposing fans to tell us that. We already know.

Apparently, you do need someone to tell you that because you don't get it. I would love to hear more excuses why you got blown out though.

Just stating facts. The NCAA loves to vacate wins that it deems were attained due to violations. I suspect Ole MIss' official record under Freeze will be 0-fer.

If we vacate wins it will be wins by Nutt and we won two games the year everything went down under him.

Apparently, you do need someone to tell you that because you don't get it. I would love to hear more excuses why you got blown out though.

You're just a troll. I won't spend my time trying to have an intelligent discussion with an unintelligent troll. I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa. I have family members there who have had season tickets for over 50 years. Johnny Mack Brown was a cousin. I am told many things about the Bama program. When I complained to my family there about Bama's boosters buying players they told me Ole Miss needs to get richer boosters. If you don't know what's going on inside the Tide program that means you are a no body.

You're just a troll. I won't spend my time trying to have an intelligent discussion with an unintelligent troll. I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa. I have family members there who have had season tickets for over 50 years. Johnny Mack Brown was a cousin. I am told many things about the Bama program. When I complained to my family there about Bama's boosters buying players they told me Ole Miss needs to get richer boosters. If you don't know what's going on inside the Tide program that means you are a no body.

Haha, bless your old heart. I'm sure your family members who have "season tickets" have so much inside scoop on the program. We only have 101,000 seats at the stadium.

Rebels wins makes you angry or you wouldn't be over on the peasant forum!
BAM!!!! The sorriest fan base on the planet cannot pass up an opportunity to "get back" at any school that beats them on the field. They're also here to welcome others into their perpetual NCAA doghouse status.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure what you being closer to death than me has to do with anything, but no, I wasn't.

Dwell on that a moment... I wasn't alive the last time Ole Miss won even an conference championship in football.

Neither was any Ole Miss student.

Not even the PARENTS of Ole Miss students were alive the last time the Rebels won a conference title.

Soon people will have been born, have lived their whole lives and then died without ever seeing Ole Miss win anything of significance...

Wow. Really makes you think.
My parents were there. My father was the first white student to shake hands with Meredith when he was finally accepted to Ole Miss. No kidding. Back then , Ole Miss was expected to whip their opponent without question.

Last edited:
LSUwiggz......first of all at the exspense of sounding like a jerk, you need to know a few things. First of all I can assure you that I know more about this situation than you do. Most likely I have more education, money, age and experience than you, so go make your juvenile condescending remarks to someone else who gives a rats butt about your corndog opinion.
Bump for superior education, money, age and experience... @chattreb

Last edited:
Again I suggest you read the report and not the nonsense that Rosebowl has conjured up. He and that other website tell their hopeless pathetic fans things what they want to hear so they will make money off of them. MSU has had the two of the best seasons in their history and guess what , OM waxed them both years,and they can see the gap widening big time. OM NCAA issues are their only hope to bring their rival down to their level, so their obsession is understandable. Thinking we will get USC type of sanctions shows where you get your information.

th

Again I suggest you read the report and not the nonsense that Rosebowl has conjured up. He and that other website tell their hopeless pathetic fans things what they want to hear so they will make money off of them. MSU has had the two of the best seasons in their history and guess what , OM waxed them both years,and they can see the gap widening big time. OM NCAA issues are their only hope to bring their rival down to their level, so their obsession is understandable. Thinking we will get USC type of sanctions shows where you get your information.
Ah, memories...

LSUwiggz......first of all at the exspense of sounding like a jerk, you need to know a few things. First of all I can assure you that I know more about this situation than you do. Most likely I have more education money age and experience than you, so go make your juvenile condescending remarks to someone else who gives a rats butt about your corndog opinion.
Um...

beautiful.

Probably the post of the year, wouldn't you say?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT