ADVERTISEMENT

Some observations and what they mean for the future of the GOP

• Thread starter anon_ch08rkup54ekc
  • Start date
A

anon_ch08rkup54ekc

I'd like to keep this discussion as civil, nuanced, and coherent as possible. A tall ask for this forum, I know, but there it is.

1. One thing is clear: Georgia is no longer a guarantee for the GOP. It's solidly purple now. That's one more hurdle for the GOP to jump and a potential backstop for Democrats when they lose states like Florida.

2. The Republican message is lost to the average American worker. You have a strong MAGA base in the Republican Party that is solid as it gets. Outside of that faction, working class Americans got the message on the stimulus checks. Mitch McConnell blocked the vote on the $2k checks and, in turn, lost the Senate. Unless the GOP works to actually help working class Americans instead of giving tax breaks to billionaires and running up the deficit, look for the GOP to be on the sidelines for the foreseeable future.

3. Look for every Democratic coalition in every state to follow the Stacey Abrams model. Texas may go blue within a decade and Mississippi could go blue in our lifetime.

4. When you sow doubt into the democratic process, you may find yourself losing elections. Perdue and Loeffler lost because of the lack of enthusiasm from Republican voters. The lack of enthusiasm was brought about by the doubt sown by POTUS and other Republican leaders of a "rigged election." The question now is whether or not the GOP will learn their lesson for midterms in 2022.

5. What does this mean for Trump's supposed 2024 bid? I think it means that if Republicans are really going to try that again, they'll find themselves looking at a blue Congress and a second term for Biden (or, more likely, a first full term for Harris). We all have to be honest about one thing: Trump is deeply unpopular as a president. That's not my own bias. That's a fact. Of course he didn't do it single-handedly but his legacy will be that in a four-year term, he lost the Presidency, the Senate, and the House. If the GOP wants a good showing in 2024, they need a new candidate. If not, they'll lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News