ADVERTISEMENT

The reason Kiffin sucks at instate crootin is the same reason Luke did

Oh shit, maybe you can help me. Is it really worth upgrading to a new full suspension mountain bike or just keeping my Specialized 05 Stump tuned up? Local shop guy is trying to talk me into upgrading.
Wait, it's a 2005? I wouldn't put any money into it unless you wanna have a cool project on your hands. If you actually wanna ride trails regularly though, I would get a newer mountain bike. I primarily ride mtb myself. Technology has come a really long way even over the last 5 years.

Wait, it's a 2005? I wouldn't put any money into it unless you wanna have a cool project on your hands. If you actually wanna ride trails regularly though, I would get a newer mountain bike. I primarily ride mtb myself. Technology has come a really long way even over the last 5 years.

yeah, this right here. It’s in great shape. Only thing I’ve really seen the new ones have that I don’t have is the drop seat or whatever it’s called. I’ve installed a new fox shocks and just kept up the basic tuning.

I just can’t see dropping $3k on a new one.

yeah, this right here. It’s in great shape. Only thing I’ve really seen the new ones have that I don’t have is the drop seat or whatever it’s called.
That's the exact Stumpy I looked up just now haha.

So, I would just keep in tuned if it was my bike. 26" wheels are still fun, but bikes are coming with 27.5 and 29" wheels now and it's crazy the difference that brings. Faster and can get over pretty much anything you want with the larger wheel size. Suspension has also come a very long way since then. Buttery soft and plush, but the dampening is on another level with how progressive some of these shocks have gotten from a bottom-out perspective.

Reactions: Seahawks Reb

So, I would just keep in tuned if it was my bike. 26" wheels are still fun, but bikes are coming with 27.5 and 29" wheels now and it's crazy the difference that brings. Faster and can get over pretty much anything you want with the larger wheel size. Suspension has also come a very long way since then. Buttery soft and plush, but the dampening is on another level with how progressive some of these shocks have gotten from a bottom-out perspective.
Make sure it has an electric motor. You can still pedal but still looks legit.

• Haha
Reactions: nashreb38

I’ve got 2019 fox’s on mine. They’re insane compared to what was on the thing when I got it. I’ve tried a friends 29 and it doesn’t feel as nimble tbh.

Reactions: Rebel00
I’ve got 2019 fox’s on mine. They’re insane compared to what was on the thing when I got it. I’ve tried a friends 29 and it doesn’t feel as nimble tbh.
Yeah you lose the playful quality of the 26 for sure going to the 29. I just love charging over rocks and tech decents, so the 29s are great for that. That's awesome you have upgraded suspension though. I'm a Fox guy myself. I would say since you've already invested in the new suspension, Getting the drivetrain to a 1x setup would probably be ideal if you haven't done that already. But then that comes with getting a new wheelset to be able to get something 11 or 12 speed.

Yeah you lose the playful quality of the 26 for sure going to the 29. I just love charging over rocks and tech decents, so the 29s are great for that. That's awesome you have upgraded suspension though. I'm a Fox guy myself. I would say since you've already invested in the new suspension, Getting the drivetrain to a 1x setup would probably be ideal if you haven't done that already. But then that comes with getting a new wheelset to be able to get something 11 or 12 speed.

Yeah I haven’t jacked with the original gears or anything. They’re pretty much perfect for me.

408024-life-is-good.jpg

Yeah I haven’t jacked with the original gears or anything. They’re pretty much perfect for me.
What does your local shop guy want you to do to it then? Other than the drivetrain, new brakes are the only other thing really I could think of, because Juicy's are notorious for going bad.

What does your local shop guy want you to do to it then? Other than the drivetrain, new brakes are the only other thing really I could think of, because Juicy's are notorious for going bad.

He wants me to buy a 2022… because it’s just way better than what I have. Lighter etc… I think he’s full of shit

In order for anyone just now catching up.
Page 1 we have: slight croot talk & racism and bigotry allogations
2-5: We get continued allogations and wing talk
6-7: The discovery of milk, boobs, and @Seahawks Reb discussion on his ex he clearly misses.
8-9; a continuation of boobs, wings, and throw in some riveting talk of bikes.

9+ Vin’s new troll account makes an appearance.

He wants me to buy a 2022… because it’s just way better than what I have. Lighter etc… I think he’s full of shit
Ahhhh I see. So just a new upgraded bike altogether. I would say since you love the bike already, including loving the wheelsize, if you were my customer I would just make sure you were scheduled once a year to bring the bike in for a decent tune-up/brake bleed/tire swap (if needed). And then just ride the hell out of that thing.

Ahhhh I see. So just a new upgraded bike altogether. I would say since you love the bike already, including loving the wheelsize, if you were my customer I would just make sure you were scheduled once a year to bring the bike in for a decent tune-up/brake bleed/tire swap (if needed). And then just ride the hell out of that thing.

Yeah and that’s how the guy I used in Memphis was. I get the feeling this dude doesn’t like working on bikes. Might just learn to do the maintenance myself.

Yeah and that’s how the guy I used in Memphis was. I get the feeling this dude doesn’t like working on bikes. Might just learn to do the maintenance myself.
Just sounds like the typical know it all bike salesman that we all try to avoid. Can talk about the newest and best things, but doesn't know how to appreciate personal experiences that a customer might have. I can't stand dudes like that, and they give good people in the industry a bad name. I would say just demo a new bike yourself, and compare it to what you have. However, bike demos wont be happening probably for another 2 years, so that SC can pick back up.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Hector is going to be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's and he ordered three T66 turbos with NOS... and a Motec system exhaust.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT