ADVERTISEMENT

As an Auburn fan......

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

Two-Star Prospect
Jul 20, 2006
I am pleasantly surprised at the tolerance shown on this board toward rival SEC postsers' posts.
I popped in fully expecting to see MSU fans over here raising hayell about the "current events" within the OM athletic department.

Much to my surprise, it's not the bullies over here with trolling on their minds......it's the bama fans!
It's hard to imagine that that they would be concerned with Ole Miss' problems. Could it be that they're happy to have another SEC school wear the scarlet letter that has grown so comfy around their own necks? After all, they are "The Serial Repeat Violators", as per the NCAA's COI...... That would certainly make sense. Misery loves company....etc... But I don't thinks that's why they're here..... Nope..... They are clearly still butthurt over the Ole Miss winning streak.

So here's to the most tolerant message board on the network for allowing the sorriest fan base in all of sports to come here and work out their "little man" complex. ROW THAD!

Yea, it is sad. My initial reaction was anger but I now feel sorry for these people. They must not have much in their life if they need to come to our board and act like asses.

Just reinforces my opinion of the tide fan base.

I would like to second the appreciation for being tolerant of rival fans - at least from the moderator's perspective. In the past OM boards would literally ban posters simply from being from other sites, even if they hadn't even posted here. Then again, if this free board is anything like ours, the traffic is slow enough that its not necessary to monitor very closely...

I'd chide the Ole Miss posters for being a bit thin-skinned and over-reacting/making personal attacks towards their guests, but under the circumstances I suppose its understandable.

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
I would like to second the appreciation for being tolerant of rival fans - at least from the moderator's perspective. In the past OM boards would literally ban posters simply from being from other sites, even if they hadn't even posted here. Then again, if this free board is anything like ours, the traffic is slow enough that its not necessary to monitor very closely...

I'd chide the Ole Miss posters for being a bit thin-skinned and over-reacting/making personal attacks towards their guests, but under the circumstances I suppose its understandable.
Agree wholeheartedly on the kudos to the mods running this board. If this keeps up, this could be quite a hub for all SEC fans to come and post without fear of over-officious mods playing mamma bear to the homers.
As far as giving the Rebs hell while they go through this bump in the road, what goes around comes around. The bammers can attest to getting hammered by the NCAA - pretty regularly too. As we have learned from the past, all SEC schools get into trouble - all except Auburn, that is. Auburn hasn't been in trouble since Pat Dye was there close to 3 decades ago. It seems they have figured out how to win championships without cheating. And that ain't easy to do, is it bama?

Agree wholeheartedly on the kudos to the mods running this board. If this keeps up, this could be quite a hub for all SEC fans to come and post without fear of over-officious mods playing mamma bear to the homers.
As far as giving the Rebs hell while they go through this bump in the road, what goes around comes around. The bammers can attest to getting hammered by the NCAA - pretty regularly too. As we have learned from the past, all SEC schools get into trouble - all except Auburn, that is. Auburn hasn't been in trouble since Pat Dye was there close to 3 decades ago. It seems they have figured out how to win championships without cheating. And that ain't easy to do, is it bama?
*cough* $cam Newton *cough*

Getting away with cheating isn't quite the same thing as NOT cheating. Just sayin'.[smoke]

*cough* $cam Newton *cough*

Getting away with cheating isn't quite the same thing as NOT cheating. Just sayin'.[smoke]
The NCAA sniffed around AU for over a year and came up with zilch on Auburn. They didn't cheat.
Cam, after his father's failed attempt to get cash from MSU, had no choice but to go elsewhere. AU, fully aware of the problems Cecil and MSU brought on, steered clear of any wrong doing. Why pay him if/when his father already fuct up at MSU and paved the way for him to go to AU for free?

The NCAA sniffed around AU for over a year and came up with zilch on Auburn. They didn't cheat.
Cam, after his father's failed attempt to get cash from MSU, had no choice but to go elsewhere. AU, fully aware of the problems Cecil and MSU brought on, steered clear of any wrong doing. Why pay him if/when his father already fuct up at MSU and paved the way for him to go to AU for free?

That's rich. So how much was it that $cams daddy's church got? I don't recall what that six figure dollar amount was.

Reactions: billywaynebama
That's rich. So how much was it that $cams daddy's church got? I don't recall what that six figure dollar amount was.
You and I don't know if that church got money or not. You can say I'm a homer for believing it didn't and I can say all the haters are simply hatin' for assuming it did. But what we DO know is that after a year long NCAA investigation Auburn was cleared of any wrong doing. So unless you think Auburn paid off the NCAA to look the other way, the only logical conclusion would have to be Auburn DID NOT pay for Cam to play. They did not need to. The eleventh hour was upon him since MSU had already taken themselves out of contention so, he signed with AU. And the rest, as they say, is history!

hi-res-107975640-quarterback-cameron-newton-of-the-auburn-tigers_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:
I am pleasantly surprised at the tolerance shown on this board toward rival SEC postsers' posts.
I popped in fully expecting to see MSU fans over here raising hayell about the "current events" within the OM athletic department.

Much to my surprise, it's not the bullies over here with trolling on their minds......it's the bama fans!
It's hard to imagine that that they would be concerned with Ole Miss' problems. Could it be that they're happy to have another SEC school wear the scarlet letter that has grown so comfy around their own necks? After all, they are "The Serial Repeat Violators", as per the NCAA's COI...... That would certainly make sense. Misery loves company....etc... But I don't thinks that's why they're here..... Nope..... They are clearly still butthurt over the Ole Miss winning streak.

So here's to the most tolerant message board on the network for allowing the sorriest fan base in all of sports to come here and work out their "little man" complex. ROW THAD!

The fact that Bama fans are here trolling is funny

I hope Tide fans keep having a good reason for continuing to troll this board.

Reactions: Fishing123

You don't know the difference in being tolerated and being ignored.

It's not just Bama fans that are here.
yeah but we are use to little brother watching everything we do. That's the way it works when you want so hard to be us that you feel the need to tell the world you hate us over and over even when we barely acknowledge you.

It's not just Bama fans that are here.

Seems to me the fans of schools other than Alabama, and LSU need to worry about winning 2 SEC games next year instead of worrying about Ole Miss. State will be lucky to win 6 games, yet their fans are consumed with Ole Miss while their own program slips to oblivion.

Reactions: HightowerReb
Seems to me the fans of schools other than Alabama, and LSU need to worry about winning 2 SEC games next year instead of worrying about Ole Miss. State will be lucky to win 6 games, yet their fans are consumed with Ole Miss while their own program slips to oblivion.
Good point!

And Ole Miss fans need to worry about cleaning up their football program, instead of trying to spin that Alabama and Miss State are out to get them.

And Ole Miss fans need to worry about cleaning up their football program, instead of trying to spin that Alabama and Miss State are out to get them.
Oh honey, we aren't worried about MooU, they can't even take care of themselves much less us. Just make sure Simmons has handlers when he is around females. It would look really bad for him to hulk smash one of those cows you guys call coeds......again.

Reactions: SP105

Well, I remember what Sheriff Jim told Marvin Zindler when he came to La Grange, Texas to shut down the Chicken Ranch. He said, "Son, after you shut down all the whore houses in Houston then come up here and shut ours down". (I was actually in La Grange that week) When the rest of the SEC cleans up their acts then their fans can demand ours to be cleaned up. There's not a clean program in the SEC or a Power 5 conference. Any fan of any school who thinks his program is clean is just plain stupid.

Reactions: Fishing123
When the rest of the SEC cleans up their acts then their fans can demand ours to be cleaned up.

We can demand whatever we want. It is blatantly obvious what is/was going on in Oxford. It does suck that some teams can be seemingly caught red-handed (Cam Newton) and get away with it but that doesn't change the magnitude of what OM was doing to get players who never even visited campus to commit. Bowl bans and crippling scholarship reductions are coming IMO. Of course no program is completely clean. A program can't monitor every booster and every player 24/7. But what goes on in most places and what was going on in Oxford is not comparable.

There is one OM poster here who is demanding more from the coaching staff in monitoring that type of stuff. The rest of you are just burying your heads in the sand. We had fans like that in 2000 with the Albert Means stuff. Sure it was wrong that multiple schools were trying to buy Means yet Bama was punished because we bid more. But then we cleaned up the program and are now the best in the nation. The same could be possible at OM but you have to wake up and stop acting like nothing wrong has been done.

We can demand whatever we want. It is blatantly obvious what is/was going on in Oxford. It does suck that some teams can be seemingly caught red-handed (Cam Newton) and get away with it but that doesn't change the magnitude of what OM was doing to get players who never even visited campus to commit. Bowl bans and crippling scholarship reductions are coming IMO. Of course no program is completely clean. A program can't monitor every booster and every player 24/7. But what goes on in most places and what was going on in Oxford is not comparable.

There is one OM poster here who is demanding more from the coaching staff in monitoring that type of stuff. The rest of you are just burying your heads in the sand. We had fans like that in 2000 with the Albert Means stuff. Sure it was wrong that multiple schools were trying to buy Means yet Bama was punished because we bid more. But then we cleaned up the program and are now the best in the nation. The same could be possible at OM but you have to wake up and stop acting like nothing wrong has been done.

Bama cheats worse than anyone and you're here talking about others cheating. Incredible. You Tide fans don't know crap about your program. Saban is behind the NCAA investigation at Ole Miss. He'll do anything to win. Three years ago he put an illegal coach(former OM coach) upstairs and then lied about it when he got caught. After Freeze changed his signals he let the coach go.

Well, I remember what Sheriff Jim told Marvin Zindler when he came to La Grange, Texas to shut down the Chicken Ranch. He said, "Son, after you shut down all the whore houses in Houston then come up here and shut ours down". (I was actually in La Grange that week) When the rest of the SEC cleans up their acts then their fans can demand ours to be cleaned up. There's not a clean program in the SEC or a Power 5 conference. Any fan of any school who thinks his program is clean is just plain stupid.

You can ignore SEC fans all you want, but you can't ignore the NCAA. They are the ones demanding that you clean your act up, and you WILL listen, or pay the consequences.

And depending on how the NCAA feels, you might do both.

Bama cheats worse than anyone and you're here talking about others cheating. Incredible. You Tide fans don't know crap about your program. Saban is behind the NCAA investigation at Ole Miss. He'll do anything to win. Three years ago he put an illegal coach(former OM coach) upstairs and then lied about it when he got caught. After Freeze changed his signals he let the coach go.

You're thinking of the former MSU coach, I believe. Alabama sends players to the NFL, and that's why recruits keep going there. The program sells itself.

If Alabama was cheating like Ole Miss is, they would be under investigation. Not sure why you can't understand that.

And you read all about it on the Internet, so it must be 100% true.

Lol

I hate to break it to you but every coach in the SEC turned Ole Miss in for their blatant cheating. It's so obvious that you're cheating that you don't even deny it any longer. Your defense now is "but but but everyone does it!" Tell that to the NCAA. OM needed big advantages to win and now they will pay for breaking the rules.

LOL at you claiming Bama "cheats more than anyone". Bama wins National Title after National Title and sends more players to the NFL than any program in the nation. That is why kids play there. The payoff Saban gives them after 3 years when they get drafted is much more than the chump change OM hands out on the front end. Maybe I missed where Saban has ever been under investigation for cheating at Michigan State, LSU, or Bama. Please link that if you can, or else shut up, accept your punishment, and stop blaming others for what your program did wrong.

I'm glad Saban runs the NCAA now so we have nothing to fear. ($1 to ranchreb)
Y'all are on a roll (or "row", as pronounced by your fan base.) it's impressive. But if we've learned nothing else from history, we've learn d that when bama wins its because they've cheated. And since " Bahr Brant" died, when bama cheats they get hammered. So enjoy it while you can. :)

Have you read the NOA? There was no evidence of paying players. You Gumps can't read?

I hate to break it to you but every coach in the SEC turned Ole Miss in for their blatant cheating. It's so obvious that you're cheating that you don't even deny it any longer. Your defense now is "but but but everyone does it!" Tell that to the NCAA. OM needed big advantages to win and now they will pay for breaking the rules.

LOL at you claiming Bama "cheats more than anyone". Bama wins National Title after National Title and sends more players to the NFL than any program in the nation. That is why kids play there. The payoff Saban gives them after 3 years when they get drafted is much more than the chump change OM hands out on the front end. Maybe I missed where Saban has ever been under investigation for cheating at Michigan State, LSU, or Bama. Please link that if you can, or else shut up, accept your punishment, and stop blaming others for what your program did wrong.

Have you read the NOA? There was no evidence of paying players. You Gumps can't read?

I don't have to read the report to know OM is doomed. Self-imposing 11 scholarships should tell you how bad it will be. Most of your fellow Black Bear fans have already realized the hammer is going to drop. You should go ahead and start the defense of "but but but everyone does it".

I'm sorry that you don't like that but that's just how it is.

I don't have to read the report to know OM is doomed. Self-imposing 11 scholarships should tell you how bad it will be. Most of your fellow Black Bear fans have already realized the hammer is going to drop. You should go ahead and start the defense of "but but but everyone does it".

Actually those self imposed scholarships are kids we lost on signing day that we were holding scholarships for like Simmons. We elect to eat them and give one year scholarships to walkon seniors instead of offering them to kids with slim chances of helping the team. Every year we have 3 or so unused scholarships.

You make it sound like it's 11 a year, they spread that over 3 or 4 which is wasted scholarships anyway from attrition. It's about like the slap on the wrist you guys got when that big LT bust you guys had declared he took money a few years back.

You make it sound like it's 11 a year, they spread that over 3 or 4 which is wasted scholarships anyway from attrition. It's about like the slap on the wrist you guys got when that big LT bust you guys had declared he took money a few years back.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this board, which is saying a lot. Literally nothing you said was true or made sense. It's hilarious that you think the self-imposed penalties are all that's coming. My guess is a 2-year bowl ban and 25-30 scholarships gone.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT