ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL: Couple Kiffin quick hits...

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Brief media opp

I think really good win and to win 52-3 is a lot of people doing things right. Didn’t think as clean as week one with more penalties and defensively sloppy at times. Need to be physical and played physical. Passing game was really crisp and to start with the most completions in an SEC game in a row and that’s been playing a lot of football for a long time. Said a lot about QB and receivers. Catching the ball. Got to clean up defensively and some blocking with receivers. Going on road the first time. ACC team that presents a lot of challenges and a QB that has been playing well.

(Question was why is the crowd important in a second half blowout)
Crowd is really important for the players coming out of the tunnel in the second half and I don’t really understand it. If a concert is going well do you leave? I get if the product is bad, and the stadium is empty but I don’t understand. I think it’s entertaining to watch a team play well. A week ago you hear the QB threw for 350 yards in the first half and then you have the most accurate streak in the history of the SEC and top six team in the country it’s frustration. I’m disappointed for the players. It was good weather. I’ve heard hot and cold and hunting season. I don’t know what this one was.

We evaluate everything week to week and have competitive practice now with the depth and competition. When a guy is hot they play more. Parrish has been doing well in practice and had a really good game. Going to go that way. Matt Jones was coming off runs the week before. It’s a good issue to have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.