ADVERTISEMENT

Disregard - Already a thread on this topic

YeagerReb

Rookie
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
I understand Ole Miss needs everyone of its remaining opponents to finish strong. That said, I am conflicted on Georgia. UGA lost AT Alabama. They were down 28-0, took the lead late in the fourth and ultimately lost by 7. That’s a “good” loss per se. They are at Texas this week. Am I wrong to think that another close loss to THE top team wouldn’t be perfect for us? Hear me out

IMO Texas is in the playoff even with a loss to UGA. They have Vandy, UF, Ark, UK, and TAM left. So, I see them at 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 at worst. We need as many one loss teams ahead of us dropping games, right?. If #5 UGA loses a close one AT #1 Texas, they likely fall to somewhere in the #8-#10 range. They have UF the week before us. In the event we beat OU, it would be 6-2 Top 10 UGA vs 7-2 Top 20 Ole Miss. The game would be a playoff scenario with the loser being eliminated from contention. I understand that means we wouldn’t have a win over a playoff bound team if we knocked off UGA. The win would still be a Top 10 victory and boost us significantly closer towards a playoff spot. We need carnage ahead of us in the coming weeks as well. Whole lotta ball left.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.