ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OLD SCHOOL MISSISSIPPI SEGREGATIONISTS WOULD BE PROUD OF GOV. BRYANT & THE MS LEGISLATURE!

So
Yes the document that gives you the right to own guns if you are a member of a "well regulated militia".
You don't think the right to bear arms has anything to do with protection of your home and maybe that little concern shared by the founding fathers about the government becoming too powerful?

Sensto

Senator Robert Byrd. Democrat. High ranking official and recruiter for West Virginia klan. Voted against black Supreme Court justices Thurmond Marshall and Clarence Thomas. He did however sell a cake to a homosexual.

Is that your best deflection? Bringing up a dead guy?

Still waiting on the answer to why you stay here. A state you are clearly unhappy in.

You are right, america is too stupid to learn from mistakes. As long as you give people free stuff or call it free they are going to vote for it. Let me break it down for you. The gov't cares about themselves and will continue to vote for what is in their best interest not yours or mine. The almost 50% of America that is on gov't aid of some form or fashion will continue to vote for who ever promises the most free stuff. Why wouldn't they? They don't understand economics or the death spiral that our country is in. All they know is the person that they are voting for is giving them free phones, free health care, and free money/food. The problem is that at some point the butchers bill has to be paid. I'm almost to the point where i hope you guys get your way so Monica's boyfriends wife or Crazy Bernie can run this country the rest of the way into the ground. After the Gov't collapses maybe there can be some semblance of a country formed that people can be proud of again. That way you can move to the one you are proud of and we don't have to listen to your crying little bitchy attitude anymore.

You are right, america is too stupid to learn from mistakes. As long as you give people free stuff or call it free they are going to vote for it. Let me break it down for you. The gov't cares about themselves and will continue to vote for what is in their best interest not yours or mine. The almost 50% of America that is on gov't aid of some form or fashion will continue to vote for who ever promises the most free stuff. Why wouldn't they? They don't understand economics or the death spiral that our country is in. All they know is the person that they are voting for is giving them free phones, free health care, and free money/food. The problem is that at some point the butchers bill has to be paid. I'm almost to the point where i hope you guys get your way so Monica's boyfriends wife or Crazy Bernie can run this country the rest of the way into the ground. After the Gov't collapses maybe there can be some semblance of a country formed that people can be proud of again. That way you can move to the one you are proud of and we don't have to listen to your crying little bitchy attitude anymore.
Well said Pratt, agree 100%. Thinking like CPA is why this country is in the mess it's in!!!!

Reactions: RobertWillBeaRebel
Way to stand up for BIGOTRY! Go BIGORTY GO!!!! Wave that Confederate Flag!!!! The South Will Rise AGAIN!!!!

MS - last in everything for a reason.

Again, if the state is so bad why do you live there? You aren't going to change it lol

I wonder how the law and the intensely negative worldwide publicity will affect Ole Miss -- out of state enrollment, sports recruiting, etc. Most football players aren't gay. That's probably just common sense.
BUT today they may have brothers, sisters, relatives, and close friends who ARE gay and whom they love and support. Would it influence their decision?
It's just an all around unfortunate thing that the government of Mississippi has done.

Nice attempt at deflection. When you are comparing your position to Yemen & Saudi Arabia - you are LOSING THE ARGUMENT.

Christianity was used in the Jim Crow era to justify discrimination. There is no difference between Jim Crow laws and what was just signed into law.
Not about winning or losing, just an interesting fact. LGBT and groups like them tend to be extremists, to the point of silliness i.e. sharing restrooms with the opposite sex, and the antics "Black Lives Matter" that Bill Clinton confronted. If Christian businesses deny gays their services, then they'll fold. Personally, I believe denying rights to anyone is wrong. And, yes, I can side with Gov. Bryant as proud as I am of being a Mississippian when it comes to gay marriage and adoption. To me, a marriage is between a man and a woman who love each other.

Last edited:
Way to stand up for BIGOTRY! Go BIGORTY GO!!!! Wave that Confederate Flag!!!! The South Will Rise AGAIN!!!!

MS - last in everything for a reason.
You talk about going back and reading something, how about you reading the Bible!!!

You talk about going back and reading something, how about you reading the Bible!!!

The way you selectively read yours? No, thank you.
You pick and choose your verses like a smorgasbord to fit your politics. When you follow EVERY verse of your magic book literally - in the same way that you follow those verses that you think pertain to gay folks - then get back with us.

I wonder how the law and the intensely negative worldwide publicity will affect Ole Miss -- out of state enrollment, sports recruiting, etc. Most football players aren't gay. That's probably just common sense.
BUT today they may have brothers, sisters, relatives, and close friends who ARE gay and whom they love and support. Would it influence their decision?
It's just an all around unfortunate thing that the government of Mississippi has done.

Does the bill even actually mention the word homosexual? I haven't read through the whole thing and i am sure incoming freshman won't either. It's like saying Ole Miss is racist. It really isn't but that's not going to stop people from saying it is.

Or would you rather us be called the Mississippi University Black Bears from now on?

The way you selectively read yours? No, thank you.
You pick and choose your verses like a smorgasbord to fit your politics. When you follow EVERY verse of your magic book literally - in the same way that you follow those verses that you think pertain to gay folks - then get back with us.
Do you fall in the lgbt category?

One can be straight and take a stand for his beliefs no matter who it bothers as well.
It is relevant as long as you are on your soapbox..............I see, but in the famous words of Anthony Dixon "it is what it is" deal with it
It is a shame Mississippi continues to be tarnished by racists and bigots. Sad really sad.
Your opinion is like something else....... everybody has one. Figure that out since your so smart.
I did...It said something about loving thy neighbor

It is relevant as long as you are on your soapbox..............I see, but in the famous words of Anthony Dixon "it is what it is" deal with it

Your opinion is like something else....... everybody has one. Figure that out since your so smart.

I did...It said something about loving thy neighbor and not judging others.
Here is the difference between me and you, I do love my neighbor I just don't condone the lifestyle like you do.Stand for something or fall for anything like you do!!!!!

Here is the difference between me and you, I do love my neighbor I just don't condone the lifestyle like you do.Stand for something or fall for anything like you do!!!!!
Stand up and be proud of your Bigotry! Too bad you didn't live in the 1950's when you would have had more opportunity to act on your dislike of others.

Stand up and be proud of your Bigotry! Too bad you didn't live in the 1950's when you would have had more opportunity to act on your dislike of others.
Didn't use dislike used condone google the definition smart guy and yes I use the Bible to reference man shall not lay with man refute that................oh you don't believe in the Bible so your argument is based on what you believe in with nothing to back it up.....................BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!

So, it's okay for gays to stand up for their point of view but not okay for Christians to stand up for theirs? If a business doesn't want to take someone's money it's their loss and as far as I know a cake isn't necessary to get married.

I guess you all noticed that I asked c a p why he stays in Mississippi, a place he clearly loathes, twice. Still no answer. I guess he would rather just whine and complain

I'm with you 6126. If you don't like how things are in one place don't bitch like a pussy just go somewhere else.

There is a difference in that a person doesn't choose their race they do choose their sexual orientation. Did the bakery referenced in this thread refuse service to anyone because pf their race?

There is a difference in that a person doesn't choose their race they do choose their sexual orientation. Did the bakery referenced in this thread refuse service to anyone because pf their race?

OK...When exactly, did you CHOOSE YOUR sexual orientation? Do you actually know the date of your epiphany, regarding yours? You should if it is CHOSEN.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelCPA
Hey guys and ladies, can we get back to what's relevant to Ole Miss sports? I understand this is a highly charged discussion, and each of us has pertinent views of this subject, but we're not getting anywhere. Political discussions are more appropriate on Yahoo, MSNBC, Fox, ABC, Clarion-Ledger, and so on. And that's not to say that your opinions are not noteworthy or incorrect. They are. However, this forum is to say that Chad Kelly requires surgery, we are under investigation by the NCAA, we just beat Arkansas in baseball, and Spring practice in football is looking great. I see this forum as a time to get away from the BS in the world. It's my solace. Anyone disagree?

And, hell, Rod Taylor gets arrested for shoplifting! Coach Freeze, please get rid of thugs! Please! So damned frustrating! When does it stop?

And, hell, Rod Taylor gets arrested for shoplifting! Coach Freeze, please get rid of thugs! Please! So damned frustrating! When does it stop?
Larry please research the facts before making an ass out of yourself. He had a couple of bags on the bottom rack of a buggy. He goes through self check and forgets about them. It happens to everyone from time to time. It literally was an honest mistake. He will pay the fine and Freeze will run him till he doesn't forget the birthdates of founding fathers.

Larry please research the facts before making an ass out of yourself. He had a couple of bags on the bottom rack of a buggy. He goes through self check and forgets about them. It happens to everyone from time to time. It literally was an honest mistake. He will pay the fine and Freeze will run him till he doesn't forget the birthdates of founding fathers.
Saw this last night as I signed off. Didn't read whole story as I was tired and aggravated.

Pratt, also consider that I'm in retail and work at a Wal-Mart with high theft. It's also Spring Break. I've personally caught several shoplifters and it's always the same excuse, "I forgot I had this." You say it was an honest mistake, and I hope you're right, but he WAS arrested! Didn't Taylor also punch out a wall? Put yourself in my shoes.

tolerantliberal.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: Beatlesreb
Pratt, also consider that I'm in retail and work at a Wal-Mart with high theft. It's also Spring Break. I've personally caught several shoplifters and it's always the same excuse, "I forgot I had this." You say it was an honest mistake, and I hope you're right, but he WAS arrested! Didn't Taylor also punch out a wall? Put yourself in my shoes.

How does him horsing around and hurting his shoulder in the locker room in any way confirm that he is a thug? I get what you say about walmart but it is very easy to throw something on the bottom rack and forget about it by the time you make it back to the check out. OPD is notorious for not giving any slack. Again he will run his butt off and have to pay a 40 dollar fine. It's a non-issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT