ADVERTISEMENT

Quote:

No, you're wrong. No facts have come forward of pay for play as has been widely acclaimed.

He said, "violations". UM has already admitted to violations, essentially agreeing to the facts presented by the NCAA, but disagreeing with the characterization of a few Level-1 charges. Certainly no evidence of "pay for play", at least not in the traditional sense of the term. However, there absolutely were impermissible benefits provided to student athletes, among other improprieties.

BlindsideHeckler full of it. Georgia was the main culprit. Bama and M$U and zero Big 10.

No onsides kick at end of game to make score look closet this year 3 in a row over snitches

Only in your hick mind would you talk about luck in that game. OM then proceeds to get curb-stomped by UF(LOL) and Memphis (LOL). I think we know which game was the fluke. The fact of the matter is that as badly as you want Bama to consider you our "rival", we just don't. I'm sorry but your program is a dumpster fire book-ended with some purchased players that can't even win the SEC western division. I hope it was worth it. Considering the pathetic history of your program, I'm assuming a 10-win season coupled with a win over the nation's unquestioned premier program probably was.

Reactions: billywaynebama
He said, "violations". UM has already admitted to violations, essentially agreeing to the facts presented by the NCAA, but disagreeing with the characterization of a few Level-1 charges. Certainly no evidence of "pay for play", at least not in the traditional sense of the term. However, there absolutely were impermissible benefits provided to student athletes, among other improprieties.

I guess that depends on what your term of pay for play is. But everyone else in the SEC thinks OM was paying recruits to come to OM. OM has admitted to providing lodging, food and transportation for unofficials, paying phone bills, having boosters handing out rental cars to player/players, if one was getting that treatment its easy to believe others were too, I guess their step son didn't beat the crap out of them.

Do OM fans really expect nothing more than what they asked for with this? I don't think anyone else expects the NCAA to settle for those penalties, at least some with the head coach's knowledge and one assistant named still with the program. Most everyone else thinks maybe 25 lost ships over 5 years and at least a 1 year bowl ban, maybe 2 before they finish with Tunsil's draft night comment.

"If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men."

- Hugh Freeze tweet, Feb. 1, 2013 (National Signing Day)

Guess someone did.
In 2013 those violations did not exist. There were no pay for play. No one signed due to a"bag man". Look at this objectively. Oh wait, I forgot, you are incapable of doing that.

In 2013 those violations did not exist. There were no pay for play. No one signed due to a"bag man". Look at this objectively. Oh wait, I forgot, you are incapable of doing that.

You keep believing that if you want, but who do you think had their named blacked out? Smart money says its the same one who's stepdad had a long conversation with the NCAA, the same one who said he took money from OM athletic people on draft night. But keep believing he signed with OM because of the game day atmosphere if you want, but the only thing wrong with that was OM wasn't playing games if January, his only visit to OM.

Yeah, I'm starting to think you might want to look in the mirror on that one. I'miss not the one of us here with a vested interest in the outcome of this.

I kinda feel bad for you. That covering your ears and yelling LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA is going to result in it hitting you all the harder when the real penalties come down. Honestly, I expect it to be like it was with USC where the punishment seems a little extreme because you're actually getting hit for all the stuff they know but can't technically prove (NCAA has no subpoena power). You guys had a chance to mitigate some of it but you chose to let your AD go and tried to keep Freeze. That was a mistake imo and the NCAA is going to hit you hard over it. That and the fact that you lied to the investigators which is a HUGE no-no.

Look, we all know the kind of game college recruiting is, but there's a difference between driving 90 on the highway and driving 90 in a school zone. When those big name out of state players all suddenly decided to commit to OM of all places, Rebel fans were the only ones in the country who couldn't smell the stink of it. The unfortunate part of it is that some of you still cant.

Again I suggest you read the report and not the nonsense that Rosebowl has conjured up. He and that other website tell their hopeless pathetic fans things what they want to hear so they will make money off of them. MSU has had the two of the best seasons in their history and guess what , OM waxed them both years,and they can see the gap widening big time. OM NCAA issues are their only hope to bring their rival down to their level, so their obsession is understandable. Thinking we will get USC type of sanctions shows where you get your information.

Again I suggest you read the report and not the nonsense that Rosebowl has conjured up. He and that other website tell their hopeless pathetic fans things what they want to hear so they will make money off of them. MSU has had the two of the best seasons in their history and guess what , OM waxed them both years,and they can see the gap widening big time. OM NCAA issues are their only hope to bring their rival down to their level, so their obsession is understandable. Thinking we will get USC type of sanctions shows where you get your information.
Its becoming pretty painfully obvious that you've taken to accusing others of what you are in fact doing, i.e. getting your information solely from a source who panders to Ole Miss fans. Do you realize that Ole Miss has admitted to these violations publically, correct? That they have already 'suggested' substantial penalties in the hopes that it will appease the NCAA?

I get my news from sources like ESPN, USAToday and CBS Sports. Here is a link to one of their stories:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...end-assistants-in-wake-of-13-ncaa-violations/

Now, all of this might be news to you (shocking, I know), but when phrases like 'failure to monitor', 'academic fraud', 'impermissible benefits' and 'provided false or misleading information' are in your list of self-admitted infractions, you better pucker up. Where is it you get your information from, exactly, if you consider it better than the above sources and the University's own press release?

And again, this is only the stuff OM will admit to, and they'll only admit to it because its the only stuff they know the NCAA can prove. That's how these 'internal investigations' work; an investigation is done into how much the NCAA knows and how much it can prove so that you can begin putting together your legal defense, not into how much wrong-doing actually occurred because the school already knows all of that. Unfortunately they are also dealing with the fact that one of the central figures in this controversy went on national television and admitted to taking money. Even if that was somehow legit, it puts enormous pressure on the NCAA in the court of public opinion to make an example out of Ole miss, especially given the national perception the SEC has of being cheaters (largely thanks to our friends in the state of Alabama over the years).

The list of violations that USC was penalized for don't come close to what you see spelled out there, what you see already admitted to there. You'd better hope that Ole Miss only gets USC-level penalties, my friend, because it could end up being a lot worse. As an outside observer, I'm thinking a minimum of 5 scholarships lost for three years (15 total), though 20 over four years or 25 over five years wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Add to that 5 years probation and a 2 year postseason ban, likely with a loss of revenue share from the league's post-season payments for those two years... and then of course the requisite loss in evaluation days/official visits, etc. Current players will also likely be given the option of transferring without having to sit out in the wake of these penalties.

Those are very real possibilities and would be right in the realm of the level of misconduct we're seeing here, especially since the program seems intent on keeping coaches ultimately responsible for many of these violations.

Last edited:
ESPN? Pat Forde? Well not do you want a list of their reporting that was wrong over the years? Les Miles to Michigan. OSU in big trouble. Shut down Miami. etc etc etc. Again, look at the the report. Is there any mention of paying for players? LOIC control? Level one violations that are deemed serious in nature (there are three levels of level one in case you did not know.). The problem with all of the unlimted source of news today is that people like you can find something to back up about any opinion that they want to beleive in. aka Rosebowl and MSU.

Also Tide Broker remember Logan Young? I would not throw too many stones.

ESPN? Pat Forde? Well not do you want a list of their reporting that was wrong over the years? Les Miles to Michigan. OSU in big trouble. Shut down Miami. etc etc etc. Again, look at the the report. Is there any mention of paying for players? LOIC control? Level one violations that are deemed serious in nature (there are three levels of level one in case you did not know.). The problem with all of the unlimted source of news today is that people like you can find something to back up about any opinion that they want to beleive in. aka Rosebowl and MSU.

Also Tide Broker remember Logan Young? I would not throw too many stones.
Actually, the link I posted was to CBS Sports and Robby Kalland, and - again - he was reporting on the violations that Ole Miss has admitted to. You really should read it. And this isn't the result of some internet troll search, these are major news outlets - all of them - reporting the same thing that was, yet again, released by the university itself.

Somebody put this kid on suicide watch. Reality's about to hit him right between the eyes...

LSUwiggz......first of all at the exspense of sounding like a jerk, you need to know a few things. First of all I can assure you that I know more about this situation than you do. Most likely I have more education money age and experience than you, so go make your juvenile condescending remarks to someone else who gives a rats butt about your corndog opinion. Maybe you can advise the state of Louisiana on how to get the price of crude oil up so Les Miles does not have to worry about budget deficts.

LSUwiggz......first of all at the exspense of sounding like a jerk, you need to know a few things. First of all I can assure you that I know more about this situation than you do. Most likely I have more education money age and experience than you, so go make your juvenile condescending remarks to someone else who gives a rats butt about your corndog opinion. Maybe you can advise the state of Louisiana on how to get the price of crude oil up so Les Miles does not have to worry about budget deficts.
No worries, you didn't sound like a jerk.

I did find it interesting that you describe my responses as 'juvenile' and 'condescending' right before you told me how much money, education, age and experience you have and that you don't 'give a rat's butt about my corndog opinion'... I guess the earlier poster who remarked on irony was pretty much dead on.

I was honestly indifferent about the outcome of this - maybe a little sympathetic - but now you've actually got me looking forward to when the NCAA penalties are announced. Congratulations.

Well that was a typical Millennial response. You come over to a free board to cause trouble, bring up things that you do not know what you are talking about, tell me that I am on suicide watch. I bring up several facts that you did not dispute, then you make a social commentary on what I said. God help the USA if the rest of your generation acts like that.

Tide Broker if you are going to level adjectives towards me, lets get it right. I am "Mr Pure Gold" to you boy!

Come, on. There is no way you can honestly believe what you just typed. There was "bagmen". Y'all have basically admitted to as much. Not to mention all of the other violations (and add in the numerous violations that haven't yet but prolly will be uncovered before this is all over). And the funniest thing yet is y'all trying to say that since you undersigned the last class that they should count towards any penalty of scholarship reductions, that is hilarious.

Some of you MSU fans need to find someone else to listen to other than your drug addict spokesman.

Reactions: Johnnyreb2
I guess that depends on what your term of pay for play is. But everyone else in the SEC thinks OM was paying recruits to come to OM. OM has admitted to providing lodging, food and transportation for unofficials, paying phone bills, having boosters handing out rental cars to player/players, if one was getting that treatment its easy to believe others were too, I guess their step son didn't beat the crap out of them.

Do OM fans really expect nothing more than what they asked for with this? I don't think anyone else expects the NCAA to settle for those penalties, at least some with the head coach's knowledge and one assistant named still with the program. Most everyone else thinks maybe 25 lost ships over 5 years and at least a 1 year bowl ban, maybe 2 before they finish with Tunsil's draft night comment.
Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking on your part come drinker? Regardless of the rebel penalties your team remains in significant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT