ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I really need this board's help right now

So i just got a phone call from my best friend. (not the d bag who hooked up with her) He called me and promised to me that they did have sex. Not only did they hang out friday night but also saturday as well. I already called that slut and told her we were done and to never call or text me again. I have already deleted her number and deleted her as a friend on facebook.

So if any of you know of any girls in the oxford area i could take out on a date just let me know. The only thing i know to do is try to move on as quick as i can. Thanks for the all the advice. I guess its true you cant turn a hoe into a housewife

Reactions: Swag4Heisman
Honestly though, you should have given her the "Tony Danza" before you broke it off. Just to see if she really gets it.

In all seriousness, there is nothing worse than what you are going through. Trust me though, as hard as it might sound, you will rebound.

Originally posted by beams8star:
I know some posters have not gotten along with me on here recently, but please take me seriously here. I need advice and the board to be there for me right now.

I have been dating this girl for almost 3 years. She calls me this morning crying and says she is on her way to my house cause she needs to tell me something. She comes over and tells me this past weekend that she hooked up with one of my friends while i was out of town. I was shocked more than anything. She goes on telling me how much she loves me and wants to be with me etc. etc. She is crying the whole time. After about 45 minutes i told her i need some time to think about things. I know it is gay i am coming to a message board about this, but it is embarrassing and i dont want to talk about it with any of my friends cause it sucks and I dont know what they will say.

I have been saving up for a ring the past couple of months. So this comes as a huge shock to me. I would rather not go into much more detail. So do I trust her when she says it will never happen again or do i leave her behind. If any of you have been through this or know of anyone who has any advice would help me out at this time.
Tell her to PIIYB.

Reactions: IMAREBL
Yes, we did have sex and I'm sorry bro. I don't know how many times I have to tell you...if it makes you feel any better, it was terrible sex and I took her home immeaditely. Hopefully you can forgive me. Bro's before hoe's, right?

As for this "friend" or "buddy"...he is no such thing. Find a new friend.
smilie2.gif

This post was edited on 1/26 8:23 PM by THOTH

Originally posted by THOTH:
Sounds as if this woman wishes to make amends and is sorry ( for now) that she cheated on him. By confessing, she has proven that she has some good in her and is begging for a second chance. Apparently no one confronted her about this and she felt guilty.
Does the OP love her ? Does he think that this woman is that one in a million, and would still feel this way 10 years from now ?
If these two people genuinely care about each other, I would suggest a long talk before deciding to dump her.
As for this "friend" or "buddy"...he is no such thing. Find a new friend.
smilie2.gif

No, I have no love for her outside of being somewhat of a friend. And why should he find a new friend? Geez, sorry for partyin.

You dodged a bullet. Drop her like a bad habit and go back to bachelor mode - make up for lost time.

I told my husband about this thread and asked for his reaction. He said that there probably wasn't a guy on this board who wouldn't have done exactly what your "friend" did (or even more) given the same opportunity. Wise man. So much for male outrage.

wow...so she lied to your face about not hooking up with him...big shocker there. 8star, i want to see nothing from you but stories of hot college poon you've been slaying until football season starts. ill buy you a beer when i come down this fall for a game. make us proud.

Some of the vocabulary on this thread is most ignorant. In our day and age of educational attainment many sound incognizant to intellectual ways of expression.
question.gif

This post was edited on 1/29 10:46 PM by THOTH

Originally posted by THOTH:
Some of the vocabulary on this threat is most ignorant. In our day and age of educational attainment many sound incognizant to intellectual ways of expression.
question.gif

Nice little spiel there. You should go back and correct the seventh word in the first line, smarty pants.

Reactions: thejawdr
Originally posted by beams8star:
I know some posters have not gotten along with me on here recently, but please take me seriously here. I need advice and the board to be there for me right now.

I have been dating this girl for almost 3 years. She calls me this morning crying and says she is on her way to my house cause she needs to tell me something. She comes over and tells me this past weekend that she hooked up with one of my friends while i was out of town. I was shocked more than anything. She goes on telling me how much she loves me and wants to be with me etc. etc. She is crying the whole time. After about 45 minutes i told her i need some time to think about things. I know it is gay i am coming to a message board about this, but it is embarrassing and i dont want to talk about it with any of my friends cause it sucks and I dont know what they will say.

I have been saving up for a ring the past couple of months. So this comes as a huge shock to me. I would rather not go into much more detail. So do I trust her when she says it will never happen again or do i leave her behind. If any of you have been through this or know of anyone who has any advice would help me out at this time.
I am very sorry for what has happened to you. It will be up to you and you only to forgive her and you must do so unconditionally, because if you marry her and this becomes an issue once you are married , it will ruin your marriage. the fact that you are asking for help indicates you don't want to leave her behind. think hard and long, if there is any doubt , then you must leave her behind. I was usually the nonfaithful one and every relationship in which I was not faithful, we ended.

The mere fact that you

Need get this moved back to the grove for a day or three

I'm still betting he at least hooked up with her at some point after this thread and that they are currently together.

Reactions: JediRebel
First thing I would do is have a talk with the friend. Then I would find a new friend. As for her that is just something I would never really tell someone what to do . You have to follow your heart and your own judgement for yourself. But I have always been told "Once a cheater always a cheater".
Good advice.

Good advice.
"Wobble" Davidson once told our Freshmen Football Team to "--not pay ANY ATTENTION to those beautiful Co-eds and to stay away from them. They are just like buses another one will come along every 2 or 3 minutes."

His advice was not taken.

You have invested alot of time and money with her so i know you are taking it pretty hard. Take her back then do the same to her. Then leave it at that, you don't need to worry what she doing while she out.
How did I miss this post? Sage advice imo.

Some of the vocabulary on this thread is most ignorant. In our day and age of educational attainment many sound incognizant to intellectual ways of expression.
question.gif

This post was edited on 1/29 10:46 PM by THOTH
[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT